1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[request] super-amazing-mega-class

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by llleo, Nov 18, 2013.

1. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

the idea:
    a super-amazing-mega-class, you can swap betwen classes with it without any tent or base, you just need to press z (for left) and x(for right) to switch from knight to builder, from builder to archer and so on.
    the keys x and z would change the class's mode, so you can have a all-in-one over-powered class changing class.
    is it even possible? XD

2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Very possible. Doesn't seem it would be hard to mod, either.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Or just hold a hotkey to bring up the class change menu (Such as V) and then you can select the class to change into, which will warp you back to base as that class, for a not-completely-ridiculous overpowered character.

Edit: I have to ask though, how much fun would it be if you played on a server where EVERYONE could do that XD (Referring to OP's exact idea)

4. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

it would be a admin-only class, or maybe you can give the right to use it to anyone using a command...
    i like new classes, but there arent too many mods adding useful classes.
    would any good mod make the super-class?

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm imagining a server where every person can change class at will and how frantic the action would be, especially for someone like me who has mostly mastered the nuances of each class. (Archer is my weakest because I'm a poor aim but I only use it for fire/bomb arrows anyway.)

I just see constant harrassment by each side, one powerful knight coming up and killing everything, going builder to dig into the flag, then he doesn't change back to knight in time and gets slaughtered, etc. It could be a ridiculously fun server IMO.

6. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

there must be a cooldown , thats true

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A 45 second cooldown for that ability would still make it ridiculously useful indeed. My idea was one without restrictions though XD

8. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

ok, no cooldown. can we do a pay-by-killing (get 50 kills to open the class) ?

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That's terrible. In a short match you can't change at all, and only knight can viably get close to that many kills in an average match, unless you're a Robin Hood level archer.

Just let me do the balancing lol.

10. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

robin-legolas-super-sayan-mega-archer-god XD (forget this).

so, what can we do to stop the whole server to keep changing like a freak?

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You... don't? That's the point, you allow people to change freely as much as they want and since EVERYONE is abusing the ability, it becomes balanced. Unless there's a noob that only wants to stay builder anyway, but that's his problem. For me and some of the top kag players, we'd be so hardcore in our element it'd be the most epic battles of all time.

12. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

lol. it is a good idea after all c: now we just need... to mod.
    im not good at this :X
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 20, 2013 ---
    are you good at modding?

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

:o
    Seems like the best mod ever... :D
    I want that kinda shit in a really epic server :D

14. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

i hope this mod request turns into a real mod ^-^

15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I read the thread name and the last thing I was expecting was for someone to even attempt to balance it, now that is a terrible idea, something like this can't really be balanced into a normal gameplay, would require you to build around it as you would slaughter normal maps, all it really does is make strong people even stronger, the downside is you have to do a lot of fucking around with the inventory system as well, but a knight who could swap to archer for grapple? Haha,hahaha, you don't need anything else.

16. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

overpowering is the principal feeling that we have after killing anemyes and destroing castles. its part of the game, if we want to improve it, i dont see any problem. this "mod" could destroy the limits betwen how far can a player go. from archers to knights and builders, each one have and especialization in a "job", turning it's utility in the other situations to almost zero. a archer have almost zero chance in melee battle, just like builders have chance in long range killing and exaclty how is the knight utile at building. i like this idea, but im not feeling the others like it too...

17. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

do you have any idea of how can i get a good modder to accept my request? :c

18. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think Metaphoenix can help you there. Contact him. c:

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's not that overpowered, I mean sure it completely renders buildings ineffective. And sure, it makes any good pro at this game into a fucking god, but it's can't be THAT bad right? Right? Buddy?