1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Report abusive players (griefers/hackers)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MM, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Did you play on a server and somebody spoiled the fun?
    Use this formula so we can investigate the issue and act accordingly.
    1. What was the players name?
    2. What did the player do?
    3. In what server?
    4. In what time?
    5. Are you sure? (Post proofs: screenshots, videos, chat-/consolelogs, etc.)
    Please note the following points:
    • Every report needs at least one proof. If you don't post proofs your report is meaningless (unless a KAG guard can support your report).
    • Do not embed tons of screenshots in your posts. Use the [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags.
    • Also either attach long chat-/consolelogs or put them in [code] [/code] tags.
    • Keep in mind that any off-topic discussion or commentary (not supporting another report with more proof) leads to warnings.
    //Hint: We really mean that last point. We will be handing out very heavy warnings to anyone who posts something other than a report. Okay? Good. ~fbb

2. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Would it be feasible to log major collapses and their instigator on the server?

3. Bene

Bene Guest

Name: [varg] maximus 42..
    I'm not shure about the brackets and the number (4 digits). The thing in brackets is part of his name not of the clan tag. There's another player called maximus without number and bracket I think he plays fine.

Brings down own structures, the last time i saw him he used the catapult against his own team's defences and got kicked. I think it was official euro server about 13:00 Berlin time today. But I saw him yesterday on different servers doing the same thing. Sorry, no screenshots or logs. Maybe if you could connect the kicking votes with the user profiles you coud see who often gets kicked and why.

edit: it's [[varg]] maximus4210 but the brackets are different, i can't reproduce this now.

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

About punishments: Perhaps there could be first a warning ban, which would last for 10 days. If the same player repeats abusing the game, he'll be permabanned. Instant permaban on account could be too bad.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I agree with that, Monsteri.

Findude - it might, we'd need a way of identifying the cause of a collapse first, but we'll look into it to see how feasible it is.

6. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Player (RO)Leonardleo - '(RO)' is a clantag, it has clantag brackets around it - was speedhacking just a minute ago. Not sure about the server. A few people can confirm this.

I've also recorded a vid, though it's of a really bad quality. My bad, I recorded it at half resolution to preserve disk space. After checking the file sizes I don't think I need to, so next vids will be much clearer. I think comparing the name shown on the character with the blue team's scoreboard leaves no doubt though. Also, the scoreboard shows his ping at 100, so it's impossible that he was lagging.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QNE3W9BI

He shows up as an archer, on the surface at around 0:43. I point the cursor on him at 0:45.

Next time I'm gonna upload to yt with nice annotations, but the vid has to be of higher quality since yt compresses them.

7. Bene

Bene Guest

Impure I reported here: http://kagforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=406&p=5 has a new account I think. He came on Euro Server (sorry dont know if official or EU gaming crew) at around 13.30 berlin time I think. His nic was "impure2" so I got suspicious. I couldn't see him doing anything bc he must have been somewhere in our back and I could only get there by destroying defenses myself. So I waitet some time an I saw that only after some minutes he had a lot of negative points. That and the name made me call a vote to kick him and it passed. Wouldn't have done it if hadn't seen this guy before and it would be a great coincidence if it wasn't impure.

8. Monsteri

1. Lexotan
    2. Abused votekick
    3. gamingCrew server
    4. Today, 19:45 (+2)
    5. Here's one screeny, I built a long door tunnel to protect our outpost and base near to it, which he didn't accept and called me idiot. He wanted to fill that tunnel with stone, which would have been in my opinion stupid, because enemies would just have breaked it if they reached it, and we couldn't do much in that situation. Plus allies respawning into that outpost would have needed to go over the mountain (which was high). For a small while he afked, and then started a votekick with something like: FUCKING BASE GRIEFER KICK!!!
    [​IMG]

9. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Youtube's compression blurs the names even when I upload the raw video.. I'll keep uploading to megaupload, it's fast and reliable, unless the admins suggest something else.

I

1. (RU) Leonardleo (again, though either I got his name wrong the last time, or he's got a new account)
    2. Speedhacking and destroying blocks faster than normal (this vid shows the latter)
    3. GC server
    4. 6:30pm CET
    5. vid - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CHN6OQ6L

II

1. Jungle
    2. Griefing (destroyed a useful bridge with allies on it)
    3. GC server
    4. 7:20pm CET
    5. vid - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DPQNE48X

10. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

I don't have any proof but pretty much everyone knows about SEDGEWICKBEAVER
    Fucker griefs every single game hes in, sorry but that's all the info I got. :l

Froghead48 likes this.
  11. Major

Major Guest

I can back that up.

12. Coops

Coops Guest

Do you guys not have a database of registered users and their IPs?

Unless this guy likes to waste his time using a different proxy evertime making a new account, can you not get rid of him?

13. Monsteri

Um yes and if you punish, please share the knowledge of it :P

14. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Leo again.. He joined red when they were loosing utterly. Suddenly we're on defense. Here's a nice, long video of his [em]glorious[/em] exploits.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5AMR881

15. BigMastadon

BigMastadon Guest

16. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

BEAVERSWICK,today at derp server i think.He joined the game,started to spam-bomb the tent and left the game...
    He used [HA] in front of his name...

PLEASE CUT THE BOMBS OFF BEFORE THE ROUND START!!!Also,if there is any ranking system in the future,don`t let new players to use bombs until they reach some rank/score! sry for posting in wrong topic!

EDIT: [​IMG]

He also destroy bedrock whit builder...Faster than dirt!

EDIT EDIT:Server name in TAB list?Thx

17. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Due to the high number of idiots 'playing' this game and innefective countermeasures, the kick vote is beggining to be abused. People vote 'YES' instantly, probably because of fear of griefers or simply ignorace. They don't even read the reason it seems. I call a (legit) vote and the guy gets kicked in literally 5 (or less) seconds. When someone else calls it, I rarely get to read any info in time. I'm pretty sure one can call it on anyone and it will pass. Should consider increasing the number of votes needed.

18. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

or when someone call a vote,10 seconds need to pass before anyone can vote?So you have time to read it!

19. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

1. CTEHKA
    2. Speedhack. Veryveryvery obvious zooming across map as a knight
    3. Funwolf KAG
    4. Just now.
    5. I'm certain. Difficult to prove without video, which I am not setup to record.

EDIT: I just dropped into the Russian server and immediately saw this:

"[388] <madys22> CHEATER !
    [478] <CTEHKA> axax
    [478] Created netobject: netid 14970 name runner
    [487] <madys22> LEAVE SERER !"

So I didn't stay.

20. meissner61

meissner61 Guest

Hopefully their logs are detailed enough to see crazy movement speeds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.