1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-Libelle Source Code (Example of KAG-like engine)

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Verrazano, Dec 30, 2013.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

So this at first may not seem like it directly involves kag, but it does. A lot of people don't understand how kag modding works because it's crazy programming stuff. Or they just don't understand the architecture. However they claim that they understand c/c++ like languages. I thought I might post a link to my repository for my game Libelle. This repository contains early code for my game Libelle which implements a nearly identical modding system using the same library. The game as built from this repository is rather unstable and crashes often and has since moved to a separate repository to be re-factored. It may take a lot of looking through the source code but it should provide some insightfulness into how KAG is structured on the c++ side of things.
    Disclaimer:
    This code is pretty "suck" because most of it was written quickly to get it working and have some fun with new ideas. Game code as Geti likes to put it generally isn't pretty. The actual game is being slowly developed by myself and a few others. You can read about our progress on our website: http://libellegame.com/

If you wish to build libelle you will need the following libraries:
    sfml 2.0
    box2d
    enet
    angelscript

Finally here is the link to the repository have fun and enjoy:
    https://bitbucket.org/Verrazano/pre...fba4d1d4aa8f7737f73c015c541d4b/src/?at=master

rocker2, Noburu, Fate and 5 others like this.
  2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

looks cool

Rubixxcube likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey