1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Neptune's Pride

Discussion in 'Other games' started by GreenRock, Oct 2, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

http://np.ironhelmet.com/

I would like to make a small 6 player game. I would like committed players to join, because one game session can last over the span of a month. I've played 3 matches before, so if you have any questions about the game itself I'd be happy to answer them.

I compare the gameplay to checking your facebook everyday (assuming you have a facebook), except your viewing how far your ships have traveled, what planets you've captured, what battles took place, what new research has been found. It's some strategic shit, yo. But don't let that daunt you. My first match was a learning process, and I found it really fun in the end. When you're exposed to just one match over the span of a few weeks... losing a battle takes on a whole new meaning. When you send a ship to another planet, it literally takes a day or two for the ship to reach the other star. So everyday you check on your ships (battles, research etc.), and everyday there are new advancements. You make decisions accordingly.

I think it's just wickedly fun and I'm looking for 5 dedicated, strategy-loving players so I can buy a match for us to play in. I don't want any drop-outs. If you have time to check the forums daily, you have time to play this game.

If you're interested, choose a number between 1-100. I'll choose five players that are the closest to my number. I can't have you guys arguing over the slots. I have sent Shadlington my number in advance so no one thinks I'm playing favorites (Shad can't play, because you're supposed to be coding KAG) :p

Beef likes this.
  2. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Could you give me a comparison, how is the learning curve compared to games such as Heart of Iron or the Civilization series? Is there any number crunching involved? What is the objective of the game? Total domination? Is it real time? For how long do you need to dedicate yourself to the game everyday? Is it enough to check in once or twice a day and issue commands for about 5-15 minutes?

It is all about time and how much effort I will need to put into it. I will return with an answer when I know a little bit more! Good initiative.

3. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Hwoops, never played Heart of Iron OR Civilization. I think as far as number crunching goes, all you need to worry about is timing. Making sure your next level of weapon research is complete before your ship hits an enemy planet, etc. Someone created a battle calculator for the game that lets you see how many units will remain. Your estimate on game-playing time is spot on... but I'm pretty sure you'll be checking more than twice a day willingly ;) The game gets addictive halfways through. Total domination is the objective, yes. Yes, it is real time.

EDIT: But people aren't exactly breaking down the doors to play, so this might not even happen :/

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Looks interesting. Tentative yes.

GreenRock likes this.
  5. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

No where NEAR HoI level. Slightly less complicated than Civ, but more of a simplified, real time, grand strategy game than Civ is. You won't have as much "stuff" to manage as Civ, but what's left is vital and all consuming.

And yes, once or twice a day is fine.

I'm in Greenrock! I love NP, but it's a shame how the playerbase falls away within a few weeks of Iron Helmets games releases.

Have you tried Blight of the Immortals, or Jupiters Folly by the way?

6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

This sounds like a game that I could enjoy immensely. I'll happily join in if you'll give me the chance.

Never played before, but I don't like letting that sort of thing stop me.

7. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Nope, this is the only iron helmet game I've played.

8. Beef

I never realized how totally rigged battles are to favour the defender.

Ej likes this.
  9. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Its looks amazing :eek:
    But I couldn't play,didin't find a game...

10. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Well, it makes sense.
    "Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." -Sun Tzu
    Actual war is "rigged" towards the defender.

11. Beef

Not since pre-gunpowder era it hasn't.

Once upon a time it took up to ten times the enemy forces to take a keep, and you'd be better off starving them out.

Then you could blow the keep up.

Now you can blow their "keep" up from three thousand miles away.

I would presume the future to keep going on this trend.

12. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

[​IMG]

I suppose you're right.

Though, it is to be mentioned that no such weapon exists in Neptune's Pride.
    ...except maybe 9000 ws

Mods: BlueLuigi