1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mark players for easy following

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fate, Aug 13, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I played with a few friends and I often thought it would be nice if you could mark some teammates (via tab, like votekicking) that would put a small arrow/marker on top of them for you. That way you could create "squads" for more organized gameplay.

This is more meant for public servers where there are a lot of random players and you cannot find your friends when playing over ventrilo and such.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

If they're ever gonna implement a friends system into KAG, I believe that there should be a little yellow arrow indicating your friends. For now, this would be nice (even though I have no friends who play KAG)

norill likes this.
  3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

what if your clan members have a special color on the minimap?

4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

And how would you do that? There is no such thing as ingame groups just yet.

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I have no idea if it's possible or not, I figured that the client could check every user's clantag, and if it's a match the minimap icon would be different

Then again I know nothing about how that would work so take it with a grain of salt

6. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is a nice idea. Alternatively, add an option to show miniature avatars over player's heads.

7. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I came here to suggest this very thing. Have a like.

Large public servers are a blast, but it would be nice to be able to see at a glance whether I'm being supported by trusted friends or nameless scrubs.

8. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

This is more elegant than having all the player's names floating above their heads. Would very much like to see this implemented.

9. i can mod this with clan tags, if there is a demand, and server owners who are willing to use it

Klokinator, Piano, NinjaCell and 6 others like this.
  10. AlphaSniper

AlphaSniper Catapult Fodder

Clan tags would be nice

11. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Interesting idea. My suggestion would be to have all of your friends' names be permanently visible, perhaps in a different color as well. This way you're always aware of friends nearby and by hovering the mouse cursor over a non-friend you can still read their name but they appear in a different color.

12. im starting to work on this. expect release soon
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 17, 2013 ---
    it's done now, but one feature does not work, because a function in KAG scripting interface that tells the clan tag of a player is bugged or unfinished.

features:
    - marking players by pressing "V" after hovering them with your cursor. marked players have silver arrow over their head
    - automatic marking of players with your clantag. those have golden arrows. not yet operational
    - showing marked players on minimap

official release when devs finish the function required by feature 2, and it is properly tested

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  13. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Is this client-side? Where do I put it?

14. its server-side, but works in single-player. you put it in kag/Mods/PartyIndicator folder and then you add PartyIndicator line in kag/mods.cfg file

Fate likes this.
  15. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

You are awesome. I hope server owners are going to use this. (Unless you can figure out how to make this client side)

norill likes this.
  16. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Suggested for certainly the 84515th time.
    But it's still a good idea and easy to implant.

17. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

Clan tags exist, but they don't really do much.
    _
    I personally think this could easily be implemented from steam- People on your steam friends can already invite you to a server they're playing on, and you can hit a button to join their game if the game itself allows the function.

Take the steam friends list, and put it in KAG. Like dota 2 did

18. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I feel like with the steam release it will be a lot easier to talk between friends and figure out who is who and where they are.

As for right now, just have you and your friend put on a rarely used hat theres some that are really never used. That will make it easier to tell if you know that person or not.

Still think this is a good idea.

19. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Exactly! If the name would then just be highlighted with Green at all times, it would make it so much easier! (And too would the marked player be a green dot on the map.) I really hope they add something like this!

20. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So, @norill, now that the tag bug has been fixed, where can people lay their hands on this delicious mod?

Mods: Rainbows