1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold Enhancement Mod

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Klokinator, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So I'm working on a mod idea with Aphelion and I desire input. I already know essentially every aspect of KAG and how altering one thing will fuck the balance of another, but I think this (Admittedly massive) list of changes is extremely well balanced. There are a few things I'm unsure of though.

1. Knights may be nerfed too hard. And the fact they do 2 dmg and have 5 hearts is extremely significant. If you don't know why that is, ask any elite veteran knight why and I'm sure they'll tell you.
    2. Builders may be too strong.
    3. Water ammo is limited to archers (Not counting hurled or catapulted buckets, which require an extreme velocity to stun, not just a light toss) though I know some people will love this.
    4. Saws might give too little wood now, especially with wood costs increased across the board. I might raise their wood gain quite a bit.

Anyway, if you want to give input, I'd love to hear it. Here's the link:

http://puu.sh/5Dahw.txt

Note that his Mage mod is also a part of this, as shown by the mage section at the bottom.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Individual skill will matter way less with 5 hearts, as groups become mandatory to quickly take out enemies.

Klokinator likes this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

In your opinion, is that good or bad? I was thinking it'd make it way more difficult for a single knight to elope into enemy HQ and take out 50 guys (Which is good for the newbs because it's not fun to get killed over and over and over again by the same guy while nobody lands a hit on him) but it also might make it less fun for those eliters, because then their skill means way less because they can't dance around and take out 3 dudes per second.

On the other hand, this could start showing who the true elites are, because even with this handicap they'll still destroy face in the face of danger.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I like the idea of battles being less deadly, since that means there's way more opportunity to take a huge hit, freak out and run away. It's a lot more fun to feel like you're getting your ass handed to you and survive than to just go OHSHI- dead.

I'll have to try this out sometime.

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I have added way more things, with the majority of the changes being in the shops section. Some of these are brand new mechanics, please let me know if they sound way too overpowered or need to have their cost increased, or whatever. The Library gives permanent upgrades to the whole team (So Steel Drill makes all drills into Steel Drills, as an example) so it's not one time uses or anything. There is also a research time of 30 seconds (So it's not instant gratification anymore.)

The boats and siege shops have also had their upgrades moved over to the library and new things from Items+ added.

http://puu.sh/5Dqri.txt

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  6. Kramgnauh

Kramgnauh Bison Rider

don't know whether I will like the 25% less knowback on bombs. I'll just have to see how it feels first. I want my op bomb jumps ;A;

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well as it stands, right now builders have tons of buffs and so do archers, so knights might be able to retain their current bomb jumping abilities. Not to mention that mages will be an effective deterrent to bomb-jumpers, along with the knight HP increase to 5 and the lower heart drop rate.