1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kill the Princess

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by amgtree, Sep 9, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Basically one teams defends the princess and the other team attacks.

Idea of how to balance it

Attackers
    • Set amount of tickets
    • Only wood buildings
    • ladders are cheap
    • Lots of siege
    • all class kegs
    • mini kegs
    • There spawn is protected
    Defenders
    • Stone blocks are cheap
    • Wood is mega cheap(but weaker)
    • Have a minute starting time
    • A cruddy pre-built castle at the start
    • A weaker mounted bow
    • Saws, spikes, and trap blocks are cheap
    • Princess is in a pre-made room that can't be edited
    • She can dispense materials/spawn point(so it wont be entombed
    Some maps would have underground castles, sky castles, tower castles, and under water castles.

2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

The idea has merit, but how would you prevent the defending team from simply entombing the princess, short of setting them to spawn in that room? The whole concept seems like CTF in that aspect, except in CTF you need to have your flag accessible in order to capture that of the opposing team; in this mode, the defending team would have no need to do that.

Otherwise, it makes me think of a more polished version of the old attack and defence game mode that occasionally was hosted in Classic.

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Its basicly 1ctf. To help the entombing problem you could have the princess room a spawn point. But with all that seige the attakers have I think entombing would be that annoying. You don't have to actully go to the room itself, you just got to kill her

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I actually had an idea similar to this. But instead the teams have a single Necromancer on their team. Said Necromancers have like.... 10 health and can eat gibs to gain life. In order to actually win. You need to kill the Princess as a Necromancer, or to Kill the enemy's Necromancer.
    Sounds like a good idea I believe. :D

5. Galaxydog1

Galaxydog1 Catapult Fodder

Entombing would definitely be a problem IF the defending team finds a way to do it, AND the siege equipment cannot counter this (especially since you suggested that stone and wood should be cheaper)
    I really like your idea, but lets say the princess isn't a npc, what if the "princess" was one of the players on the defending team? It would be more of a "kill the king/Queen thing other than a princess"
    It would also be interesting if the "Princess" could give orders to their men, giving the game mode a unique twist.

If the "Princess" isn't a npc, it would make more sense to also give the attacking team a "commander" so both teams have an assumed leader.

If the "Princess" dies, the attacking team wins, and if the "commander" dies, the defending team wins.

6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

That sounds awesome, but you would have to make sure a troll isn't a queen/princess.

7. Galaxydog1

Trolling as a Princess/Commander would be difficult since their life is at stake. Trolling would also be retarded in this prospective game mode since players will get EXTREMELY ticked off and can just vote to ban the troll, and trolling is also somehow considered griefing in KAG because the best or most common way to troll is to destroy team buildings and build higly inconvenient structures, and you CAN BE REPORTED if you are caught griefing/trolling, all it takes is one screenshot.

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I think the princess should be on a tight rope. Literary, she could could be restricted to some areas. Since she would be a commander type person; she wouldn't need to be in direct combat.

Also what kind abilities/jobs would she do. Keep in mind this is only if she is a playable character

9. Galaxydog1

Well "her" job is pretty straight forward, order her men(if she is a playable character). As for abilities, this (if she will get any) will be hard to implement since it will almost be like controlling her men like puppets. But maybe a list of pre-set orders that will be spoken into the team chat will be a necessary feature

10. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Sorry for the necro, but I still like this idea!

Just wondering who else like this idea?

11. I actually think it's a neat idea, but the devs aren't adding any more major additions. Looks like a good modded server's idea though.

12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Oh, crap I forgot that this is in S&I. Hey mods could you move this thread to modding?

13. PorkChop808

PorkChop808 Catapult Fodder

I dig it. Make it happen!!!

14. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

"Misogyn, one sided -Protect the King-"
    "Angry Birds Medieval"

slightly related
    "One sided Capture the flag áka Infiltration"
    "not Fat Princess"
    "The Legend of Princess"
    "Knight Bros."
    "The Princess Bride"

15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

ehhh what are you getting at?

16. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

@Galaxydog1's idea made me think about AoE regicide mode (totally different games, I know) You get 1 player in each team to play as princess or king, and buff his health and maybe make him able to support their team somehow. Also each team could start a vote to decide who fits the kings role (to avoid trolls or noobs filling it)

17. Seems reasonable I'm all in for killing princess Geti :wink:

18. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

synonyms

there is just a small difference between kill the princess and https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/game-mode-protect-your-king-pyk.22177/
    or infiltration in Soldat.

The problem with a one sided gamemode is, you can't rly balance it out for a game like KAG. You either have a impenetrable diamant turtle or kamikaze bomb arrow ninja.

19. Chaos_XIII

Chaos_XIII Catapult Fodder

The princess could have some kind of command ability (make some kind of beacon(and sound) for where she wants the soldiers to go), as well as some way to protect herself (maybe like some kind of magic to push enemies away without doing any damage or a magic shield ability, or both combined). There could also be an alert to teammates when a enemy is close to her.

Mods: Rainbows