1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kill:Death Ratio

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Antman, Jun 15, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Compared to Knights, Archer K/D sucks because they usually hit once and then a knight finishes off the guy they shot.

I think we should record damage (in hearts), not K/D.

feet and MacD like this.
  2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I am hoping to work on finding and fixing bugs with tracking stats soon, then we will add basic stats collection to the API so that aggregated statistics are available for all players.

The current plan is that we will not be reporting the number of deaths in the API (and not the KDR as well), because this will hurt gameplay as people strive only to protect their KDR (like what happened in Soldat when many servers started showing KDR-based stats).

Performance and any ranking we might do will be based on other gameplay metrics and likely will not use KDR at all (or will use it as a very small portion of how performance is calculated and only for certain classes)

Any statistics presentation done by KAG on the site or elsewhere would have different metrics for different classes - so that there wouldn't be people trying to compare someone who mostly players builder to someone who mostly plays as knight (for example).

Likely we will gather "common stats" and then statistics for each class that a person plays as. This way if you want to compare two people or find people who are "good players", it forces you to acknowledge what class they play as

kl4060, AdrianC, Rayne and 5 others like this.
  3. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Alot of people seem to think I meant you could recruit straight from the scoreboard.. I mean (and said) that it would be used for scouting, not recruiting.. Just to see if they're worth testing (with a bit of common sense, you would also realise this wouldn't be for builders, and would'nt be the only critera for selection).

Is anyone listening too me? :P

SARGRA13 likes this.
  4. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Sounds legitimate FLaB. Hopefully we see some kind of flag for playtime as a class aswell. It'd be nice to see those.

I don't know if you've ever played Teamfortress 2. But heres the examples to give you an idea.
    [​IMG]
    Something funny you might want to know as an aside is I got basically all those Most X/Y in the same 11 minute life. It was a good day to be a charge'n'targe demo.

Access to the data to be able to make something like this, showing time played/class and a few other choice pieces of information would be swell. I'm sure you're on top of it though. I've never really built something using a games API but I reckon with KAG I'll give it a go.

SARGRA13 and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Baby steps. First the scoreboard should actually show the right number of kills and deaths.

Lord_bugg, Contrary and Arcite like this.
  6. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Yeah, we have said that.. this is just suggesting stuff after that :)

7. CoD

CoD Haxor

Sweet dreams, but first things first, fix the scoreboard in-game :)

Arcite likes this.
  8. FliesLikeABrick

yes this is something we're aware of and it will of course be fixed before stats are available on the API

CoD, Rayne, GloriousToast and 4 others like this.
  9. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

• seriously, the post above you addresses literally this.
    Fix the existing scoreboard before you do this. Everytime i join a game and die my score most of the time is ruined. It's all about the basics and thats what a good game is made of.

10. FliesLikeABrick

Fixing the existing scoreboard is one of my higher priorities and of course will happen before I start reporting those stats back to the API

11. ar3k

ar3k Catapult Fodder

I do not like the idea of your kills and deaths being saved unto your account, a major reason for this is builders. Builders, who often do not get many kills, are crucial to how a ctf game plays out. A good offensive builder can turn the tides of battle even if the other team has more skilled players.

Lord_bugg, Cirom and Gofio like this.
  12. FliesLikeABrick

Read some of my earlier posts - different stats will be recorded for different classes, and deaths likely will not be recorded at all

13. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

I remember when I played serious for the K/D Ratio... I noticed it changed from server to server but I didn't know there was a bug that used to reset it... I was happy until a few minutes after I took the screenshot...

Attached Files:

14. KD whores actually win games, on servers with limited lifes.

15. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Imagine an, 'Arrows Shot : Sword Slashes' ratio. :P

SARGRA13 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Well what I would love to see would be assists, like spike assists, and collapsing blocks assist.

Also if you want a high kd just start the game. Grab a cata. Fill it up. Kill everyone. :P
    I've also noticed every time I rejoin a server after a KAG engine crash my kd and score is gone? Is this on purpose?

17. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

You know I actually charge at the flag all the damn time, while maintaining my k/d, right?

Why are these considered mutually exclusive?

18. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Well let's just say no one likes winning games with capturing the flag.. Everyone likes to finish it in a good old fashioned game of who can go and poke the enemy the closest without losing the flag :P
    And I admit I like to keep a nice clean KD (mainly just because if it's negative everyone's like "I'm beating Creille!" "Your doing so bad Creille") but you gotta goof around otherwise KAG will just be a competition and I don't think a 42bit side scroller classifies as a hardcore sport :P

Lord_bugg and Justpad like this.
  19. I laughed at this! Since I'm normally on Beo's server, my score is pretty much recorded for the whole day and my KD is like 12/1000000000000kd because of all the troll bomb jumps and just hitting a wall X3

But my point is, even though my k/d is probably one of the worst in the whole server, my score is almost the highest, sometimes that's the case. SO. What I think is we should record our points instead of k/d, yes - still show k/d but save our points. That way, you can play casually + competitively at the same time.

cons - Builders that would just spam cutting trees, would get more points than people that actually get kills. :)

But anyway... This was just my opinion :B)::right:

Gofio likes this.
  20. this whole idea of keeping global stats is just bad. and that's why:
    because of that, global stats are worthless. there should be separate stats for each server or community

Mods: Downburst, Mazey