1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Votekick improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Mexer, Dec 22, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

I was thinking about this one since yesterday. Usually 80% of the people voting for a votekick have no idea what the person is guilty for or if he/she is guilty or not.

So I was thinking - what if when a player is votekicked and the voting text appears, you would get to see in the left corner of the dialog a small real-time window that follows that specific player. This way you can see if he is indeed a griefer, AFK or speed hacking.

Something like this:

[​IMG]

2. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

Not a bad idea but maybe put it in the upper left corner, should be less annoying there

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sounds great, only problem I see is possible spamming being annoying by multiple users as it takes a significant amount of screen space.

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I don't know how would that be done ( Often people prefers spamming 'omg grifer fckr ban him admin' than pressing F4 ) and if it was constantly taking screenshots, it would be very CPU / HDD heavy. Also, for griefing the enemy team shouldn't be able to vote... Half of time they are 'lol they have a griefer we don't care lol'. Same for AFK, the enemy team just don't care.

5. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Even just bringing back the forced description for votekicks, so that a person starting a vote has to write (e.g. minimum 10 characters) about what the offender has actually done, would help. I often don't vote because I have no idea what the person is meant to have done and people rarely bother to explain.

Might be a bit less invasive than a video feed.

toffie0, Blue_Tiger and Asu like this.
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Votekicks are already the biggest wastes of screen space. In fact, all kicks are huge as-is. They need to be smaller. That being said, I definitely agree that votekicks should only appear for the allied team but really that's the only thing we need.

7. Mexer

I surely agree that vote kicks take a big percentage of the screen space.

The vote kicks shouldn't be buttons, but straight up user written reasons and you'd have to press F11 or F12, Soldat style. It would take much less space. I'm sure the reason they are so big right now is to get people's attention so I guess you can make them stand out a bit.
    At the same time I'm sure with all the free space left from removing the buttons my video feed idea would fit perfectly :3 Plus, because you're able to see what the player is actually doing, the opposing team can votekick for griefers also.

And also the formula for a vote to be inconclusive right now is ridiculous.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Hey it would be quite nice if I was notified when a votekick against me was started, so that next time some Brazilian ape whose entire vocabulary consists of the words "omg hack" miraculously navigates the menu to find my name, I can try to sway the English-speaking minority in my favor.
    In addition to that, the chat would actually be readable if the poll results appeared AFTER the vote was completed, rather than during, which just creates a flood of green, so that the few people who care enough can expect to see some explanation there.

Thanks.

9. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Another thing that would be nice, being able to freeze yourself to delay the vote so that you have time to argue your case.

Dargona1018, cameron, bout and 4 others like this.
  10. bout

bout Shark Slayer

That was quite racist... Anyways, I get the point of your post and I totally agree with it, because I often get kicked by two players that want to play alone. Apronymous' version is better though. How about not being able to be kicked until you are few minutes on that server (like you can't start vote until you are here for a while)?

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

no, the exact thing that griefers do is join and immediately start griefing. Then they'd get kick immunity for the short time they need to destroy shops and block in spawn.

norill, Klokinator and Apronymous like this.
  12. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I think that the reason you aren't notified for votekicks against you is because if you were a griefer, it would give you a warning that you were about to be temp-banned, and you could quickly evacuate. However, I agree with the results thing- it is annoying that whenever someone is being voted against you suddenly can't chat (making it more difficult for them to argue their case).

13. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

what? But I thought you still get temp banned if the vote passes, even if you leave. That definitely SHOULD be the case, or I would have been able to evade many times, and so would actual griefers.

norill likes this.
  14. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

15. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Oh, I didn't know that. I don't have much experience being voted against :^)
    In that case I fully support this idea.

16. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

I agree! And it stops "peace-lovers" from vote kicking you so they can have some girly "friendship party" or something...

17. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So can this be done and not cause acceptable lag or stress to the game engine?

@Verrazano

18. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Nah, it'd need another view, which could eat up FPS.

19. Mexer

I wouldn't be certain about it until it's tested.

20. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Votekick, instead of being smaller, just needs a third option "Close" so I don't kick an innocent when I want to get it out of my face.

Mods: Rainbows