1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! How to Report a Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Furai, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

First of all make sure that the bug wasn't reported before. Search for threads with similar title (also search the archive). This section will be highly moderated and if you won't follow this guidelines you'll get infractions.

Thread title should be as descriptive as possible, including the build number. It should be like short summary of whole bug report.

It should contain these sections mentioned below(it's just a template which you can copy&paste into your thread, replacing arbitrary text with relevant info):

Code:
    [B]Category:[/B] (KAG Client | KAG Server | TR Client | TR Server)
    [B]Operating system:[/B] (Windows | Linux | Mac)
    [B]Build number:[/B] ### (Number of build in which the bug was encountered.)
    [B]Description:[/B] (As detailed description of the bug as possible.)
    [B]Steps to reproduce:[/B] (Step by step guide as how to get the bug.)
    [B]Screenshots/Videos:[/B] (Here should go some additional visual aids.)

Build number can be found on top of the game window or by hovering over KAG on the taskbar when playing full-screen

Later our assigned group of testers will go through this bugs reports and try to confirm/reproduce them. If they succeed they'll report it to the developers through Mantis.

Remember: Geti/MM are not likely to check this threads - so don't bother PMing them. They are busy coding the game.

The example report can be found here: CLICK! As you can see - this will be usual workflow. After that FBB (or any tester who claimed to handle this case) will report the bug on Mantis to the developers.

ATTENTION! Testers it is important for you to check the bug reports and try to reproduce it and confirm the bug. Once you do that - please report bug on Mantis.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. Furai

Added operating system as requirement when filling a bug report.

3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Post's will now need the [BUILD NUMBER] in every new thread. It makes it easier for myself and @Superblackcat and other Moderators to confirm, lock, and find out when the bug was posted. Without going through every thread.

Myself or SBC will be handing out warnings if people can't follow the new rules. Thanks for your understanding.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2014 ---
    No more chances for anyone. I've had enough of given chances to people because I felt nice on that day or whatever. It's common sense to read the stickies first.

Thanks.

//Totally Agree - SBC
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 14, 2015 ---
    Please know the understanding of what a bug is. An exploit that allows other people to 'cheat' or get the advantage on the other players through certain things not meant to be happening. ( or generally things that are not meant to be happening)

This is the Bug Report section, not the Help and Bug Report section. Please make sure you know where you're posting your threads.
    Although generally they could be the same thing try and aim to have your mindset to 'am I the only one affected' and 'can others reproduce this'.

General help could consist of certain problems such as:
    • Kicked every few minutes.
    • Freezing and getting framerate issues?

Although mostly common sence between the two sections, I want to see less of the missunderstanding.

Thanks. I'm also fairly tired while typing this up, so all you grammar nazi's please try and not react this time. Also I'm free to answer any questions on the text above.

4. Furai

Now this forum will be used for TR bug reports as well. Follow same rules as in main post. Just remember that you have to choose proper server prefix before posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.