1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Groups add-on changeover

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As many of you have noticed, I've changed the old groups system over to a new one that isn't broken and, quite frankly, crappy.

The new ones are private at last - so only members can view threads (though everyone can see the thread list as a gauge of how active the group is).

However, some of you may want to grab content from your old groups so we've got a clone of the forums from before the changeover available here: https://forum-test.kag2d.com/

Please get anything you need from there ASAP as we'll only be keeping the clone running for a week or so.

Please post any questions/problems you have with the new group system in this thread :)

Sidenote: We also have a few new animated smilies (+ some smilies have been cleaned up for dark themes) courtesy of Kouji :dance:

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't seem to be getting any alerts from group threads that I'm watching, unless someone directly quotes my post.
    </br>--- merged: Sep 1, 2012 4:38 PM ---</br>
    I just got an alert from a thread that I'm not watching (but I'm part of the group). :huh?: Something's up with that...

Completely ignore all that
    //edited because I'm going insane.

3. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

At last Groups no more Buggy buggy :)
    Great job Shad
    also Kouji,
    we can make more artistic bunch stuffs like this
    :dance::migrant::dance::skeleton::zchicken::dance::teabag::zchicken::skeleton::migrant::dance::teabag::teabag::skeleton:
    ------------------KAG DANCE.25252525

lol.

Explain things (Archer/Knight/Builder Guides, Tactics on Fighting , etc...) better & easier to understand by the help of those gif smilies.

Lord_bugg likes this.
  4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I don't get alerts too, I only got one the first post after mine. Every other post didn't do an alert.

delankski likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Very nice change, love it!

delankski likes this.
  6. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Thanks shad :D it is quite snazzy! :)

7. Ainmire

Ainmire Builder Stabber

What happened to the old clans
    I had about 3 clans of my own
    Where are they?:huh?::(

8. Creille

Creille Base Burner

9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Two problems with the primary/secondary groups:

1. You can set groups as your primary/secondary group that you aren't actually accepted in. For example, I sent a request to MOLE (for the heck of it), but was not accepted. However, I can still make it look like I'm part of it.

2. You can set as many secondary groups as you want, leading to ridiculously long banner lists on every post, sort of like an obnoxiously long signature.

:left: 25252525

Edit: And yes, I'll take it off as soon as my point is taken.
    </br>--- merged: Sep 2, 2012 5:36 AM ---</br>
    3. You can set a group as both your primary and secondary group. (Action [!] in my case

Nevermind. It just gives you the option, but it deselects it when you save it.

10. xiaojin67

xiaojin67 King's Entertainer Tester

omg para... lol
    you got ads all over yourself
    ================
    and another problem is that it seems i can't reject the requests? there is only an approve membership button, otherwise i guess you just ignore it and let it stay in the waiting list? :rollseyes:

Apronymous likes this.
  11. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I dont really like the new groups only because if you have two or more leaders only the person who made the page can edit info on it, could someone please fix this?

Canadian98 likes this.
  12. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

Is it me or did the videos in the other threads stop working? I tried refreshing and restarting the web browser; it doesn't seem to do the job for me.

13. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

They stopped working for me to, maybe its been a week. :3

14. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

In the corner of the web browser , you should see a shield , Click it and then click ''load anyway''.

15. Shadlington

Thanks para, these are definitely all issues that need addressing. I've raised them with the add-on maintainer and hopefully they'll be resolved relatively soon.
    In the meantime, please keep it to no more than 2 group icons (from groups you're actually a member of).

Same goes for this issue:
    And this one:
    However, there is a workaround for that last one - I can assign multiple owners manually in the DB (they just need to add a link to do it in the interface). If you need to add a second owner, PM me with a link to the group and the profiles of the people you want to add as owner and I'll sort it out (you must already be owner yourself or I'll ignore the request).

16. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Lovely new group system <3
    And lovely new emotes <3
    :knight: :builder: :archer:
    :dance: :teabag: :zchicken: :skeleton:
    :spam:

17. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

If all of the glitches mentioned are fixed, this is a great alternative to the old Groups.

18. Shadlington

I just added a new add-on that allows you to watch an entire forum. This means you can get alerts for new threads, etc.
    It is ideal for groups because it means you can set it to alert you about new threads/replies to your groups.

19. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Is there any way to deny join requests?
    If you don't accept them, they just stay there forever?

It's too much pressure for me, I'm weak, I will end up accepting them all at some point :QQ:

20. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Accept them and then reject them. It's the only work around I've found.

Bammboo likes this.