1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gold Rush

Discussion in 'Gamemodes' started by JacKD, May 17, 2013.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Here's my attempt at bringing back the gold hunt game mode (I thought it was called gold rush, so that's the reason for the different name :p)

It basically is just the WAR game mode with an alternative win condition, which is to gather gold. You can modify the gold goal in the JacKDsGoldRush_vars.cfg file in the Rules folder. At the game start you get 3 gold sacks that can contain 2250 gold max for a 6750 total for each team (you can change it in the GoldSack.cfg file). The gold goal is 8000 so you will have to steal some of your enemie's gold :p

UPDATED 21-MAY (KAG build 762) redownload and make a clean "install" to avoid any issues :)
    Mod download: http://tiny.cc/JacKDsGoldRush
    Maps included in the file
    Ants (11680 gold total)
    [GoldHunt][CTF] Ants.png

Factory (11360 gold total)
    [GoldHunt][RTDM] Factory.png

Enjoy!

EDIT: How to setup a modded server

1. Put the folder containing the mod (e.g.: "JacKDsGoldRush") in the "Mods" folder on the main KAG installation folder (In my case is: "C:\KAG_beta_server\Mods\")

2. Add the name of the folder to the "mods.cfg" file. This file is on the main KAG installation folder.

Code:
    # Add mods (directory names) from /Mods directory to be used by this game
    # use line breaks between mods eg.
    # SuperNintendo
    # MyModXXX
    # BestModEvr
    JacKDsGoldRush

3. Change the "sv_gamemode" variable on the "autoconfig.cfg" file to the name of the mod e.g. sv_gamemode = JacKDsGoldRush

4. Not sure if needed, but in my case I copy everything inside "Rules" folder from the Mod to "Base\Rules\". I'm not sure on this step as you're not supposed to copy anything to the "Base" folder, yet it works for me.

5. PROFIT

Kalikst, kaizokuroof, Maqq and 5 others like this.
  2. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

So, we still need download mods to play on them :(

3. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Very nice, have any other game modes in mind? Also there might be a solution for an easy install, at least, soon.

4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Might ask Geti if he will consider bringing the mode back, as I never got to play it :(

5. nkChehov

MM said, that they probably make autoloader, but not no so soon((( maybe if there will be many nice gamemods they will think about it more often.
    P.S. We are WIP with "Capture the Points" mod

6. JacKD

Shadlington made a post about the future automatic mod download system in the community dev subforum, to outline the functionality it would have and stuff, but it will probably take some time before that's available.

To stay on topic: has anyone tried the game mode? It would be nice to get some feedback or maybe a server :P I run it form time to time on my PC but since I'm in Chile most of you have really sucky ping... if anyone can host one to try it out, it would be nice :D

7. nkChehov

Will be nice, if moderators make a new close tread for gamemodes in , maybe, more popular section, like "Announcements". So its will be easy to find mods.

8. JacKD

I updated the mod to work with latest version, redownload from OP.
    </br>--- merged: May 21, 2013 10:48 PM ---</br>
    UPDATED 21-MAY (KAG build 762) redownload and make a clean "install" to avoid any issues :)

kaizokuroof, Apronymous and VanHuek like this.
  9. sonofacreeper

sonofacreeper Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Cool idea! :thumbs_up: