1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Give builders points for things other than kills

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by revsta, Oct 24, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Like in TF2. I just played a game as builder who built three huge towers, two tunnels, siege, and all the shops, built and deployed a catapult and ballista and ended the game with 0 points.

Suggestions:

-X amount of points per team mate who uses your tunnel (Just like TF2)
    -X amount of points per X amount of blocks placed
    -X amount of points for shops built, maybe less points if there are already shops to prevent people spamming shops at spawn or something
    -X amount of points for destruction of enemy blocks/spikes (possible?)

Anyone have other suggestions as well? Having your key builders end the map with 0 points is pretty silly.

TROPICALear5 likes this.
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think points shouldn't exist to begin with. This game is about teamwork. It's not about one man army noob rekking. I think that a lot of top players are so caught up in who has the best kd. They can deny it all they want but they know it's true. I think what they should do instead is have a pop up that says "User" just made a tunnel! Or "User" collapsed an enemy building

Pharphis, trueok, Jepton and 5 others like this.
  3. revsta

revsta Shipwright

I don't mind points. I hate KDR and people who care about it.

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  4. Points are not important in any way especially as builder.
    If you like point gathering than maybe builder isn't the class for you aye?

AcidSeth likes this.
  5. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Build huge-mungo tower on stone filled map
    Get 1000 points 0 deaths
    Switch to knight class
    KittyCity new best knight

bru-jaz, Pharphis, Vampire and 6 others like this.
  6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well basically the game works way better when people don't see their own and others' KD

7. revsta

revsta Shipwright

How about make it rational so you can't just outscore everyone by stacking blocks? Use some of my other suggestions. At least give people a score for building tunnels their team mates use. What does it matter if a builder has a better KDR than a knight, as he just went knight? Just remove KDR or something. I mean who cares? Builders not getting any points for doing work is just silly.

8. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I don't know. It seems to me like people caring about their points on the scoreboard are something you can't change and, ekhm, it is useless to resist. If we want to improve that, we could adapt the score count to something more reasonable than 100k/(d+1). It's never possible to well calculate one's usefullness for the team, but for one, builders could have some score for building itself, maybe making shops, usage of tunnels (obviously not just pure uses - that would be too easy to exploit). Now that's my opinion, if anyone agrees maybe it's a good idea to come up with a balanced score gaining formula.

9. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Just remove KDR? Then why would builders need points. Also the "points" the builders get is showed in the towers they make! : D

10. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Because points isn't KDR? wtf is this? What is wrong with giving builders points?

11. *Initiate Flame War
    I like the idea of score being off kills, score doesn't matter anyways.

I'm probably going to get quoted right below me and called a shitter by someone that we all know

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

shitter seriously though this doesnt matter anywhere outa bd servers

13. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

What are points to you? The money? The total outcome calculation of the KDR?
    [​IMG]
    Is the thing circled in yellow the "points"??
    punk you should call dual a shitter again it
    comforted me

greatly

PUNK123 likes this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Why the eff do people care so much about points. Just play to have fun.......

15. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Stop, stay on topic.

16. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

^
    So I don't know. I'm also with the people who don't care about their KD (really? k/d+1? even k^2/d + k is better) and their score, but again, I think people who do care is something you can't really change, and adapting the score formula to them is the only way to make them better.

17. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

your equations confuse me.
    lets say I have 10 kills and 10 deaths
    equation 1: kdr: 2 ?
    equation 2: kdr: 20 ???

18. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

nah, sorry, that notation was wrong
    actually k/(d+1) is acceptable by PEMDAS.
    ((k^2)/d) + k
    to be accurate

dual_chiecken likes this.
  19. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Guys stay on topic like superblackcat already stated before.

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

k^2/d+k isn't defined when you have no deaths. That's why they add one to deaths.
    It's true though, points create a kind of metagame that's sort of detrimental to teamwork at times. The goal should be to protect your flag and capture the enemy flag. If you're worried about K/D, it might stop you from sacrificing yourself to dislodge a keg or from going forward builder. Calculating bonuses in order to compensate players for every contribution they make to the team is more trouble than it's worth. Coins are okay, though.

Mods: Rainbows