1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Get Served!

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by jackitch, Sep 30, 2012.

Mods: jackitch
  1. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Get Served!

IP: 74.91.117.82:50301

Slots: 32 Players + 10 Reserved Slots + 5 Spectator SLots
    Gold / Premium Only: Yup, go buy KAG
    Gamemode: Day/Night CTF
    Global Mods / Royal Guard: Enabled
    Units: Limited
    Time Limit: 45:00
    Server Location: Seattle, WA, USA
    Max Ping: 300

Server Features

Most gameplay is the same as on the Action! Unlimited Server, because I have access to the vps :D The main differences are that during build-time, you can only play as builder and matches are ticketed. This forces teamwork and also helps to weed out the bad apples right away. The shops that allow class switching cost a few coins to build so that helps eliminate stalemates since, if they are destroyed, you'll have to really work together to get a shop built if your team is limited to the builder class. Archers shouldn't have to buy arrows, because you collect 5 arrows at a time from trees. It takes longer between collections, but it's definitely quicker than vanilla and saves on resources.

drown: 1 water map with lots of wood bridges and a big tide
    mine: a map with a an extensive tunnel system. Choose to go straight ahead, overhead, or underneath.
    bunkerhill: a massive hill with caves all over
    shorty: a relatively flatmap with tons of really short trees
    prison: tons of cells with any easy way across the map through the bottom dungeon
    generated maps: a few generic generators for war mode

Lanterns:
    Vanilla lantern
    Heavy Duty Lantern
    Low Gravity Lantern
    Inverted Gravity Lantern (Floats into Oblivion if not held)

Bombs:
    Vanilla Bomb
    Grenade (can be used by any class)
    Bouncing Betty (bomb that bounces, usable by any class)
    featherbomb (looks like a heat, low power, long distance throws)
    smokebomb (emits smoke = a dud)

Tunnels:
    Tunnels are Left-Only, Right-Only, or Both Right and Left. You can only travel between tunnels of the same type. They all have locks so you can stop an enemy advance.

Donations and Referrals:
    Click Here to Donate! Donations of 5.00 USD or more get VIP for two months and if you end up donating 20.00 USD or more you'll get guaranteed VIP for the life of the server (excluding the rare case where you break server rules, in which case you're on your own buddy). Rewards for VIP's include the following : freeze_immunity; join_reserved; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; name_mouseover; pingkick_immunity (provided your ping is normally below 200); skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; higher_self_esteem;

Administrators:
    There are a whole bunch, some of which are visibly administrators, and the rest are cloaked. I'll let you join and meet them yourself.

What does cloaked mean? Basically, it's just another way of saying secret police.

Any admin has the choice to go cloaked, that is, appear as a normal player. Basically, they won't have a fancy red name, but will still have all their powers as normal. Griefers/Cheaters beware!

Banned, Muted, or Have a Grievance?:
    You can post in the thread, provided you are polite and can calmly explain your problem. You can PM me if you prefer. I don't care how you were treated, there is no excuse for being rude. Rude gives me cancer. If you can't do that much, I won't waste my time unbanning you. If I feel I need more information to make an executive decision, I will post in this thread and request more information from any possible 'witnesses'. Sound harsh? Buddy, this is the internet. I'm smiling as I type this.

Admin Requests, Griefing, etc:
    -Admin Requests
    Don't ever request admin in this thread. I will flip out! No seriously, please don't. I don't have time to ruin all your childish hopes and dreams. PM me if you know me well enough and I'll consider it.

-Griefing
    INSERT TEXT HERE ABOUT HOW I HATE YOU PEOPLE
    If someone catches you I will check your forum activity and chat logs. If you seem like a repeat offender / jerk ---> permaban + reported for possible master server ban.

-Languages
    I'm a big fan of learning new languages, but to prevent chat spam for the rest of us, please speak english while on the server. (Vous pouvez me contacter via PM en français si vous préférez)

-Racism, Swastikas, Phallic Structures...
    I'm not a big fan, needless to say. But I won't be freaking out unless your 'street talk' or your 'art' is offending someone or getting in the way of something actually useful.

Server Suggestions:
    Always welcome. I set this up pretty quickly, so there are bound to be bugs / things that don't really work. You might have noticed the few custom items I added and how some of the actor mechanics are changed. Post here if you have any suggestions/criticisms of the way things are done (not ban appeals though, PM me those). Also, please post links to cfg's / maps that you wanna see used and I'll have a look at them when I have time.

killatron46, Kalikst, rocker2 and 6 others like this.
  2. FG

FG Fran Donator

Nice server jakitich, I like the different lanterns, bombs and how the water level rises up and down all the time.

3. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Thank you good sir,

I'll be adding some more maps with some crazy tides when I have time later this week. I think I'll also add some more items, but I can't decide what I want to make yet.... I may add monsters, evil migrants, or my old resource trading post as well... just can't decide

EDIT: updated OP with all new info

illu likes this.
  4. Jackitch, hacker was on your server in KAB named Access Denied, wasn't able to ban him (since I'm not admin on the KAB one) and neither was I able to get a screenie as atm this post is being made I don't have the time (was only able to pop in for a second).

5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Jack if you are looking for some maps, i'll be glad to make you some. ive made 2 for KAB so far.

Mods: jackitch