1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General Fire Changes

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Verzuvius, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Hi, I am NOT Auburn.

:camping::camping::camping:

At the moment there is not much fire in KAG. I think that is wrong and a lot of changes should be made. Please suggest or comment.

- Running trough something that is on fire (like doors) will ALWAYS make you catch fire.
    - Fire spread can "jump" blocks, having two wood objects one block from each other won't make one of them safe if the other catches fire.
    - There should be something, like an bowl full with oil, for knights to throw at stone which would make the stone "fireable". Shooting a fire arrow at such thing would make it catch fire and with some height/a catapult you could create a scary big bomb.
    - If fire would be more useful a little puddle at the tent might would be necessary.

A buff of fire would result in more destruction which would make games shorter/less stalemate. Would also make tunneling not that effective as tunneling is kinda the anti-destruction way to win and maybe would be too slow.

Buff fire is the right way to (slowly and painful) extinguish those nasty tunnelers. :smug::thumbs_up:

blobjim likes this.
  2. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I think fire its good/balanced at the moment.
    I wouldnt like any changes yet, my PC is too bad to carry on the most laggy (FPS) thing in the game, and more people using it would be my "bane of existance".
    maybe later, when i get my new PC.
    (later) maybe a "torch" would fit, builder only, you cant throw it, hit a wooden block with it and it will burn (idk maybe bad idea, i reasoned this idea for 5 seconds, maybe unbalanced/OP/UP/not useful at all/just not good).

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I am just gonna run down this list quickly.
    1. Running through SHOULD always set you on fire, and I believe that it pretty much does.

2. No. Really.. No... This will make fire SO overpowered.
    The chance of it hitting any block in a 1-tile radius (beside, above, below, diagonal) is good enough.

3. Then we would get back to when Knights would be a one-man solo 1337'leet rek-everything-24/7 game again.
    Also, burning stone blocks make no sense, in any realm of imagination, and the mechanics itself would be terrible.

4. So, you are saying that now we need to ALWAYS make the workshops outta stone, or put them at least 3 tiles away? No.. Just . . no...

Please, think about your ideas a lot tiny bit more, and how it would unbalance the game, not just "Oh, this would be cool, we should put it in!".

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. Fire's completely fine IMHO.

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

On topic: why fix the one mechanic in the game that isn't actually broken?

6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, all this does is make wood impossible to use effectively.

7. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

With more forest fire could be really interesting.

And a damage increase would also make fire arrows better against builders and knights. It could be tweaked like this: Deals 3 heart of damage/at same speed as now, if you get healed/jump into water then you stop taking damage. :thumbs_up:

Well it isn't broken as it isn't even used properly in the game!

Well, I it sad to see you react like this to my little joke. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just a good laugh after school/work. It is sad that jokes get rejected this way (and please stay on topic).

::(:
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 7, 2014 ---
    Hello? Anyone there?

8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Considering the majority of us think fire is fine as is.... I think this conversation is pretty much done.

EhRa, NinjaCell and PUNK123 like this.
  9. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

All of the changes mustn't be made but an increase of fire damage and my first idea is necessary in my opinon.

If you don't like any of the ideas. Please come with some suggestions or why you don't like it. Or even what you like most and least.

Thank you, have a nice day!

10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I don't need to give suggestions for a perfectly fine mechanic. You're the one with the problem with it. And if you can't see how buffing fire massively would make wood impossible to use, I doubt I could say anything to explain it to you. The only idea that make sense here is the first one but, as dargona said, that's what's meant to happen. If it doesn't work at all -I haven't seen anything- file a bug report to help fix the issue.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. blobjim

blobjim Builder Stabber

I agreee with most of the OPs suggestion. Especially the one about running through fire, you should definately get caught on fire if you touch anything that's on fire.