1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important General Discussion of Roleplays

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Zeeee80, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

Post your stuff, ideas, questions and etc about roleplays, current or past. As the suggestions page is for future roleplay discussion. Please use that if you have any ideas for the future.

Current roleplays;
    Everrield's Plague

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

When I was writing it... I had just stopped playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
    [​IMG]
    This may be a bit over the top (and it looks ridiculous), but I was thinking something along the lines of this. As for the bombs, I had in mind something like a Molotov cocktail because they didn't seem that complex but I also guess that humans would have already invented gunpowder as well. Nothing WW1-esque though (although running over elves in a tank would be amazing). My history knowledge is terrible so I can't give you a time period to base in.
    As for the other races, generally if they can do it with magic, they don't have the invention. If they can't do it with magic, then they have hand tools (or nothing at all). Note, generally. When in doubt, wing it, I guess.

3. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Could we have maybe some detail on the zombies? how sentient they are, are they blind and so on? Also will they be called zombies?

4. feet

feet Bison Rider

A zombie's intellegence mainly depends on their race, although on average they're pretty stupid. The 'fresher', and better conditioned a zombie is, the more smarter, stronger, ect. it is. Some may even use tools and such. They have all their senses (provided they didn't have their eyes poked out and what not), just heavily degraded. They are running on basic survival instincts. As with what to call them, I really don't care. Zombie animals do exist.

5. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

soooo edited the bio.

6. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Alright, it seems we have early gunpowder. Plus a little bit of wacky da vinci contraptions!

So a little history for those who care (mainly weaponry):

Assuming its late 1400s to 1600s, when gunpowder was just beginning to appear in Europe and armies are starting to use them in their armies, we could expect to see some arquebuses and canons, but mainly people were using medieval weaponry. Italian and Spanish armies employed a sort of "pike and shot" formation which relied pikemen to prevent cavalry from overrunning the arquebus wielding infantry arrayed in a square. These early tactics were just beginning to show that use of massed firearms. The Italian armies employed every fifth man with a gun, while the others were armed with pikes, halberds, and other assorted medieval weaponry.

Rifled weaponry didn't appear until the 15th century, and even then, most guns were smooth bore, because black powder fouled the rifling within the gun. It wasn't until the 1850s that rifled weaponry began to be more commonplace. However, many nations still employed squads of sharpshooters wielding rifles. Most notably during the american revolution where rifle regiments ambushed and killed many british officers with rifles during the 17th century.

Archery was still much more accurate than any gun and could be fired at a much higher rate of fire. However, it takes a much longer time to train a man using a bow, than a gun.

In regards to armor, the heavy plate and scale armor you often see on knights started to appear more commonly during the 15th centuries since the primitive guns were still weak enough that they couldn't penetrate it. Normal infantry started to forgo it, since it was expensive to make, and guns made anything short of plate armor obsolete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arquebus
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_and_shot

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Oh god. At some point we'll reach to this place where we'll need a game-master but when Feet doesn't come online before that, we're screwed.

8. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

Eh, gm, more like guide in my opinion for this rp. Idk where she is, but I don't think it would be that hard to improvise. We will just have to see since she hasn't been seen since Thursday.

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

That's what I tried to say. Btw, it would be nice if you, others would try to be active more often because I don't want to roleplay all these 10 pages with Zeee alone... Again.

10. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

I know that timing and schedules do play a role in that but, yes please.

11. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Just trying for general clarrification to people. Around the setting of AC Brotherhood
    (nice work on the info scoop btw)

12. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Sorry guys, Ill try and write a bit more, with what school and all. Actually some stuff I will be writing will be projects for an english course xD

13. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

This should be, interesting. Maybe you could give this as a reference page.

14. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

Pin you hypocrite, go already.

15. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Sorry, I was playing Skyrim and Assasin's creed 2. Will post in a minute!

16. feet

feet Bison Rider

Urrrg, sorry for not being online, my brother thought it would be absolutely hilarious to hide my laptop battery after his Assassin's Creed savefile, ahem, 'mysteriously' disappeared. I can't post tonight, but I will definitely post tomorrow.

17. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

This waiting is just stupid.

18. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well, I'm waiting for Mellian and Lukepop but it seems it's useless...

19. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

Why do we bother doing this stuff if no one is going to stay dedicated?

20. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

This is getting ridiculous guys. I suggest we start the RP over again or make a new one.