1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fighting the undead - Now with friends! (build 393)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 14, 2012.

1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Ah ok that sucks :(

Also me and cheese sorta noticed the fact that sometimes bombs act as usuall we were 1v1'ing in my server and the bombs worked fine but once a new person came on it started spreading up the time :P

2. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Just came back from a terrible day at school. This post has made my day! :D

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Um, well, yeah... Just to add my voice to the other testers:

The HELL did these bugs come from???!?!?1?? :huh?:

Seriously, my last few testing runs were so nice that I didn't find anything in the hour or so I played--and then this happens!!! :QQ:

WarrFork, Raron and delankski like this.
  4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Build 394 is out which should resolve:
    - bomb timers counting down too fast randomly
    - falling too fast

WarrFork, Madoka, BlueLuigi and 7 others like this.
  5. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

oh Thank you bomb timer is fixed!

6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Anyone notice how fast you travel after bomb jumping is? quite crazy just pops up the moment you hit an enemy or a wall, it teleports there after one second...

7. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Great hotfix there! Bombs are indeed working perfectly again.

In overall, if you look past some of the hard hitting bugs, build 393 is really damn nice.

The knight combat works better now, especially the slashes, nice new zoom transition, new heads, official zombies. Yeah, big fan of this.

Looking forward to play it even more.

Ghozt, Froghead48 and SARGRA13 like this.
  8. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

sorry about this (I just want to make shore)but how do I do lan?

9. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Looks like the fix put into 394 for bombs/falling netcode issues also fixed the coins and probably one or two other bugs that were in the release

10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Needs some Pictshures

11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Or. You could go play the game and take your own screenshots, since it is currently up to date on features.

12. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

So if people have extensively tested this build to the point where they couldn't find any notable bugs, what happens between testing and release that causes it to introduce half a dozen new game breaking bugs that no one has ever seen before? Admittedly, you guys managed to hotfix it fast, but you shouldn't need a hotfix every time you release an update, especially since this one was also supposed to be a major bug fix in itself.

13. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

There were notable bugs, but the build was a improvement. I'm not in in the coding aspect of the game so I can't give your satisfactory answer. I imagine human error plays a part in those kinds of mistakes. Its actually very common in the games industry to need hot fixes. It would be nice if the human imagination translated perfectly into machine language but I'm afraid sometimes shit just acts weird. I still stand behind this build being superior in a lot of respects to the previous build having played both extensively.

Fellere825, SARGRA13 and Rayne like this.
  14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Dropped packets being counted as something to update for while calculating bomb timer and other such things.

So why is it that everyone in this community loves to bitch constantly? Sure there may be a reason, but shouldn't you have learned by know that bitching only causes problems. What you should do instead is: report bugs to mantis in a calm fashion without being a total ragefag, provide as many details as you can, and be clear and coherent in your report to help it get fixed faster.

So why is it you gotta add more stress onto us when we're already stressed about how the game got buggered within a few hours and we didn't really understand why at first?

Sorry, but I'm sick and tired of it all, this isn't really directed at you, Cadbury, but at everyone who complains, yet does nothing to help.

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I said this last night after I saw the new resource counter, and literally said, "Okay, so it's a mix between the old and new... And people are STILL BITCHING ABOUT IT?!" I really don't get what all the hubbub is. I hate the spikes issue right now. You land on a single spike and you're dead... That's my only issue right now, but you don't see me saying, "WHAT THE FUCK DUDES, THIS WAS PLAY TESTED? FUCK YOU GUYS. YOU DIDN'T DO SHIT. I DEMAND ABSOLUTELY PERFECT RELEASES IN MY ALPHA."

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Guys guys, I have your answer straight to the point, STOP BITCHING! REPORT BUGS! YOU ARE DAMN TESTERS AFTER ALL, if you play pre-release version because that's what it is right now you are obligated to report them.

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  17. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

20451646.jpg

Jomppexx, Titmau5, Blueboy23 and 10 others like this.
  18. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Ok, this game is now officially bullshit.
    Previously, I could generally hold my own on American servers, even with a ping of 200.
    Now? I honestly cannot kill a jabspamming knight, even if he's literally just sitting there. Me as knight, he can not only hit me from about an inch away, but half the time it ignores my shield. headstomping insta-gibs me, regardless of who's doing the stomping.
    Archers? Arrows go straight through all enemies, without leaving a scratch.

/me is a fucking ragebeast at this point.
    </br>--- merged: May 15, 2012 5:27 PM ---</br>
    Also, no Aussie servers what the actual fuck. T_T

19. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

I've noticed a humongous jab radius. I'm not sure, if this is what you've experienced. It's ridiculous.:(
    Another thing is that archer can now (or could before too, I'm not sure) to kill a shielding knight by himself. Full-shot -> Stun after that a Rapid shot which then equals death.

Nice job with the zombies and hot fixes though.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Fellere825 like this.
  20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

this is no update makes kag bit weird cant really place my finger on it
    Edit: what did i write there. what i mean is the update makes things weird but i'm not sure exactly why or what it does. pretty combat has changed as i died from getting slammed into the wall from a slash