1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[EU] GamingCrew

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Furai, Jun 10, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Name: [EU] GamingCrew
    IP: 85.214.252.152
    Port: 23090
    Ping limit: 300
    Game rules: voting percentage = 51 (that amount of players is needed to let a vote pass - maybe this way we'll deal with vote kicking without reason)
    Slots: 64
    Map: 4 generators in mapcycle.
    Contact: IRC channel (Click it, fill up your name, join chat.)
    If you get any problems/suggestions about it let me know about it, do it either in this post or contact me over IRC (#kag || #GamingCrew @ Qnet).

It's now clan server of gC. We're recruiting.

2. Furai

Another small update, changed voting percentage - no more "noobvoting".

PS I know it seems a little weird that I post under my posts but otherwise one wouldn't notice change - edit isn't marked as new post.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There was a load of idiots on here just before, the high vote percentage coupled with an unhelpful red team meant someone going by the name of "Asshole" managed to take all the blue teams gold bags out while laughing in their faces.

Bloody trolls, I know, but it was frustrating that a whole team couldn't kick someone even though the request was made multiple times. You might want to change that.

4. Furai

Heard about it already from Vig. I gave few trustworhty people rcon password. I also wanted to give it to you but I don't know how to reach you in private.

Maybe I'll reconsider changing that vote percentage...for now I'll leave it be.

SIDE NOTE: There are now two holes. On both sides of the mountain. I love that generator. :) Nevertheless, I'd like to see ability to make 2 or more generator configs which could be used in some order and be able to put it in mapcycle. So one map would be generated using one config and other the another. That would be really awesome. ;) Also King Arthur could comment what particular lines actually do. I figured out most of the but not all.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I don't play often enough to warrant getting the RCon password, I think. We'll likely put a caveat in the account system giving us rcon rights on complying servers in the future anyway but for now, don't worry about it :)

You could feasibly use ssh to switch the generator script remotely each round, it'd be nice if that could be automated though so I'll see what I can do :)

Documentation for the scripting interface will come at some point, we'll have to do a doc crunch once CTF (and therefore the entire free portion of the game) is finished.

6. Furai

Sounds cool. So that authlogin and other options in config are preparations for introducing an account-system-to-be?

As we're at ssh and stuff - can anyone help me writing bash script which we'll keep my server alive?

7. Furai

I hate to double post - anyway, I've remade game rules so it's now TDM, no gold on map at all. No sacks to steal.
    I couldn't get it working so map ends while the score limit is reached so I've added time limit which is 40 minutes.

EDIT: REVERTED!

8. Geti

Don't worry about double posting - as long as you have something to add and need a bump there's no issue :)

You might want to make the map a little smaller so that there's more competition - at the moment it takes a loooong time to get back to the front line even with well made bridges and the like.

What do you mean by keeping the server alive? surely you just need to execute the server?

9. Furai

Yeah, but it crashes a lot. So I need some script that will execute it once it's down. Anything that can keep it "alive". :)

Map is already a bit smaller and mountain in the middle lower. :)

10. Furai

I've updated server to the latest version. Ping limit set to 300 ms. Every kill earns point for your team so the gameplay isn't so much gold oriented.

11. Furai

IMPORTANT: Anyone who played today when server was full please leave comment below and tell me how was it like.
    Actually it's happening at the very moment. Really please tell me if you experienced lags or anything. I'd like to improve the gameplay on the server even more. (Now it's 40/40 players and ME LIKEZ IT. :lol:)

12. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Lots of disconnects on this server lately, but other than that I recommend it.

13. Furai

Disconnects as in? How and when do they occur?

EDIT: Ahh, I see, it crashed. Can you tell me some circumstances of it?

14. Furai

Ehh, I really don't know what's causing the crashes lately. I have to start server anew every day (sometimes 3 times a day). Logs really doesn't show anything useful. Maybe I should try to set in config debug mode? Will it give me more output in console and logs?

Please if any of you were playing on the server during the crash - tell me what possibly could cause it, I'll be really thankful.
    Can I also ask you a favour? Could you send me a message when it's down so I could start it faster (I've got many other means that IRC to contact me, just say what's most suitable for you. I've got ICQ, GG, Jabber, Gtalk, Skype, Xfire <currently not installed>, Steam, E-mail <this is kinda obvious, isn't it?> and I idle on 2 IRC networks - Freenode and Quakenet.)? Unless someone is willing to help me with simple bash script connected with cronjobs. I've only done basic restarter for my soldat server's which wasn't really hard to do (pkill + start anew).
    Thanks in advance.

15. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I`d like to help if i can,somehow...Tell me what i can do!
    dany080@net.hr or garo080@hotmail.com hater.hated@gmail.com(has chat also XD), Xfire garo080 or dany080,try both!

16. Furai

I just expect simple reports like: "OMG! WTF?! It's down again..." so I could restart server as soon as it happens. As I menttioned before - now I'm kind of busy with my final exams. Once I'm done with it I'll at last have some time to play KAG and hopefully sort out every single dedicated server problem, especially autorestarter. :)
    You can always help me giving some constructive feedback about server so I could improve it. I've got ideas for 1vs1 servers, free build modes and stuff but ...not nao...laturr.

17. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

+1 to that -1 to that

OK than
    OMG WTF Server is DOWN MAN!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Just a test ^^,

18. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

1-1 equals 0

wat

19. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Good boy, sit down. A+ :p
    Too bad the server is most of the time empty.Guess cause it crashed a few times and people just stop coming...

20. Furai

Again changed settings a lil bit. Map is now smaller. Great mountain in the middle, two holes beside spawns. Flatter area.
    Added IRC as a mean of contact me.

Mods: jackitch