1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dev Peek: Boat and Room Art and Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

True story... I like the minecrafting aspect as well. Now we can farm like crazy! :D
    Crap... so many ideas...
    I feel like putting them on the Ideas and Suggestions sub topic.. but I don't wanna get chewed out by Kouji for posting this idea twice... of course I'm gonna put down more ideas... since my brain is overflowin with ideaz. :B

2. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

I can die in peace now.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

If you die now, then you'll miss the update.

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If the update does come.. he will be soooo happy in heaven he would beg god to resurrect him just so he could play xD

5. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

When the update arrives it will be the best day ever, double rainbows everywhere and a cure for cancer will be found!

[​IMG]
    JK :)

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This song shall be played on that legendary day...
    >>> Click <<<

7. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

We have all sorts of cool ideas that we would like to see within the game, so why don't we help out? I was thinking that the devs are already spending all of their time, fine-tuning and creating the main aspects of the game at the moment and won't have anytime to work on the little things. So, I was wondering if there would be anyone else interested in creating sprite heads to be put into the game?

What I mean by this, is that we volunteer and donate artwork and sprite heads to be used in the game, offically. There is supposed to be hundreds of different heads available by the time the game is finished, and we can help speed up this process.

This is of course if we are able to come up with something proffesional and the devs are willing to take a few in. Heads are rather simple to do, and instead of the devs wasting their time doing this, we can, so that the devs can keep on working and implementing newer and cooler features.:p

I understand that you can have all sorts of custom heads that you can mod your game with, but I want everyone else to see the cool head that I have on. So, putting it in officially will solve this problem.:)

This is meant as a contribution to the game, and if anyone else is interested in doing this with me will have to realize that we are volunteering to help out with a little portion of the game, and should not expect anything else in return.

Anyways let me know what you guys think.:rollseyes:

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@paradoxicalenigma: That would be acceptable given that the heads are A) up to standard (I wouldn't be happy to put a lot of the content I see in texture packs into the game) B) given with an explicit statement of intent to donate the heads to the game and C) use the correct palette that will be evident with the scripting build so that it is compatible with team colour changes and skin colour changes.

I find it horribly bemusing how interested in hats you guys are.

Arcrave, fiddy, BlueLuigi and 10 others like this.
  9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

It's a sickness geti. Most of us contracted it from tf2, some were born with it. We all desire to have just that little bit of individuality.

JacKD, Beef, AnRK and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Too be honest.. I'm not super interested in the holy hats of coolness. I'm just more into the updates. lolz

11. Quimbo

Quimbo Shopkeep Stealer

Unbelievable !

It looks fun, I really enjoy those "wooden spikes", on the boat :yes:

Sirpixelot and Geti like this.
  12. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Just watch out when I'm gonna ram you off with them :D

Quimbo likes this.
  13. paradoxicalenigma

What kind of hats would you find acceptable and up to standard?

14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The best kind. :B

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  15. paradoxicalenigma

I guess your right. Time to roll up my sleeves and get to it :)

16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Well that's the essence of western society, the myth that choosing from between superficially different products we express our individuality and bolster our self esteem by the connotations of what we choose to consume.

Also hats are just cool. More hats please.

17. paradoxicalenigma

18. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

We're not gonna have to build a 20x30 tile factory that costs 10000 gold to upgrade to a level that we then have to throw in catapults, outposts and boats into to make scrap rubble that we then have to piece together in a masonry to then smelt into raw cloth fibre that has to be milled into normal hat fibre and then has dyed by the local admin before it rots into nothing (as long as they've built a chemical works on their server) which then then has to be sewn together by a guard and then given to geti to make our hats after we buy the right hat mould off him are we?

Sirpixelot likes this.
  19. merlinx

merlinx Shark Slayer

I read that u have problemes fiding an ideea for the galleon ( not make it to big) how about to add levles at it like 1 or 2 (optional with a mast so archers could climb on it ) on the first lvl u will have the quarters(the place where u heal) the second one could be all with walls or just a small part of the lvl with walls and the other with the deck( my english sucks :D) it will have a mini balista at the edge ...anywhay there are just some ideas pls reply if u want more ideeas i have tons of them :D(or give PM )

20. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

These "+200 custom heads" on the kag preview poster were like a teaser! It was your fault Geti haha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.