1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] ~Generator~ Blueridge Marsh

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Mogwok, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Mogwok

Mogwok Shipwright

This is my first attempt at a generator cfg file. I feel it came out pretty close to what I was shooting for.

This map is a marsh/swamp map; that is there is shallow water at about ground level for the length of the map with some varying terrain height. There are randomly generated castle ruins across the marsh to give some places to fortifty.

The map was intended to give a lot of shallow water that is easily bridged over. The difficulty accessing stone due to the high water table was intended to be balanced by the ruins being available to be used as forward bases.

*NEW* 06-28-12
    Edit 2:
    Finally got a chance to tweak things. This should fix the major problems with the map. Changed the generator to override the map size so that theres enough room for everything. A greater number of trees appear on the map, especially at spawn. Ruins spawn more like they were supposed to. Waterlevel should be approximately the same. The ruins that spawn dead center of the map should be spawning properly now, so expect to see that; the ruins in the center have been fixed to be highly randomized, so the shape and size should vary quite a bit every time the map generates, to the point that it can be either very large, small, or not spawn at all (as was intended). The area near the ruin that spawn approximately 40 and 60 percent across the map should have some hilly terrain around them to give you some footing.

Edit 1:
    Probably going to do some more work on it. It doesn't seem to be generating precisely like I had intended, but i'll look into that, maybe make some tweaks.

Intended Map Size is between [400 x 100] and [500 x 100].

If you use a smaller map, such as [300 x 100] you may not get all of the intended ruins (likely missing the middle one entirely), and you may short on trees, especially around spawn. Though not always.

Also, here are some pictures.

screen-12-06-17-15-16-41.png screen-12-06-17-15-16-50.png screen-12-06-17-15-16-52.png screen-12-06-17-15-17-11.png

Attached Files:

acridstone, Beef and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

I'll add this one to the rotation too. Keep up the good work!

3. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Can someone please post a pic, it sounds awesome but I have no way to see what it's like.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

It looks really good and fun.

6. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

People bothered me about the water level. Personally I like it :).

7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

mmmmhmmmm me gusta :)

Mogwok likes this.
  8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Adding this to Mole, great config.