1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] Abandoned Mines V1

Discussion in 'Maps' started by jerloch, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hello all I've made a asymmetrical map that is mostly underground but has 50 tiles above​
    ground of sky.
    It's an abandoned mine shaft and I attempted to make both sides as even as possible so no side has an advantage over the other.
    Each team starts in the bottom right or left corner and the spawns are are symmetrical. They have a path leading to the top that are "Destroyed mine shafts" (sorta) and at the top there is a symmetrical battle ground with trees (that I will probably add more too) each has a winding path to get to the top and equal resources including gold and stone.
    There is a destroyed path through the middle bottom that can be dug out for easy access to the other teams flag.

Current dimensions are 100x150.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    both spawns are symmetrical and I used tree leaves for "roots" of sorts. Hope you like it constructive criticism wanted because this is my first try
    and heres the map

Links to DL
    V1: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?jrznjaa0j2u2t8c
    V2: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?lpokh9tfuq435l4
    or use pictures below

Attached Files:

2. TooManyCats

TooManyCats Arsonist

I don't have a solid understanding of this map from the screenshots, but from what I can tell, it looks pretty even to me, despite being asymmetrical. Great job!

3. Sorry D: Each team starts in the bottom right and left corner, the spawns are are symmetrical. They have a path leading to the top that are "Destroyed mine shafts" (sorta) and at the top there is a symmetrical battle ground with trees (that I will probably add more too) each has a winding path to get to the top and equal resources including gold and stone. There is a destroyed path through the middle bottom that you could dig out for easy access to the other teams flag also. (prob should add this to OP)

4. TooManyCats

TooManyCats Arsonist

No need to apologize; really, you did fine! :>

5. RoboHobo

RoboHobo Shipwright

It looks very pretty, I like the trees and the mix of wall/stone walls. Not bad for a first map.
    I can see there'll be a huge dependency on the builders which isn't always a bad thing, it just means it might make for slow matches: digging, building ladders, trap doors, It'll give them something to do instead of just fortifying their base. Knights and archers already have a big disadvantage till they reach the surface. But with the setup time, that eliminates the problem.

But yea, I like the map and some of the ideas you put into it.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Looks good, would love to try it, will probably take a bit to get through properly :)

7. There are a few ladders scattered around :p with three bombs I could get to the top in Sword Fight, the bots were hopeless though lmao
    Thanks, ya I think if I widened it and added more up top it could be more equal for knights and archers.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. added V2, made it wider, and added a castle in the middle, complete with King Arthur's tomb in the bottom.

Attached Files:

9. BlueLuigi

Note: Attached files are giving a lot of antialiasing, please try uploading it somewhere else and linking in post.

10. Is that better? :P Thought I saw just upload the file in a different thread.

11. BlueLuigi

Was able to get it, just doesn't work from attachment strangely, you have to click to view image then save.

12. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

These maps are just awesome one day I need to host an underground map server.

13. Thanks :D Played version one on the Action Server. Idk if it was rotation or just loaded once though!

Noburu likes this.
  14. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Really good job on these maps, I played them at a LAN party and they went down a treat.

15. Thanks man, glad you liked it!

16. CoCr

CoCr Catapult Fodder

map6 but playable.
    Map6.png

17. Wow haven't even thought of this map since January, don't even have it anymore. Idk how it will look with the new lighting o.O

18. CoCr

CoCr Catapult Fodder

hmmmmm its okay