1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Could Not Connect to Authentication Server: Curl Error: Couldn't connect to Server

Discussion in 'General Help' started by jonaswashe, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jonaswashe

jonaswashe Catapult Fodder

Running Win 7 64 bit.

Can't log in to authentication server.

Error Message:
    Could Not Connect to Authentication Server
    Additional Info Curl Error: Couldn't Connect to Server

Brand new KAG install, running as administrator, tried reinstalling.

Screenshot provided showing game and console, malwarebytes protection disabled and windows firewall off. Computer Time and Date is set correctly.

My player info:
    {"active": true, "username": "jonaswashe", "banned": false, "role": 0, "gold": true}

I've read every forum post related to the Authentication Server I can find and the FAQ. What should I do to fix this? Thanks.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 30, 2012 10:12 PM ---</br>
    Just ended up fixing it myself, my computer was DMZed on the router. Disabling DMZ fixed the problem. Might be worth adding this issue to the FAQ

Attached Files:

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for the feedback - some routers indeed do odd things with DMZ mode. Perhaps there is an update which makes it behave less oddly.