1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Congrats to KAG for getting on Steam!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vanguarde, Mar 10, 2013.

1. BorderKeeper

BorderKeeper Tree Planter

A bit selfish. Devs makes games to make money to live. Larger communities won't be as fun, but will be managable.

And as I said before ... this private party has to end. We had a good run though ;)

2. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Congrats :yes:
    I hope the game is ready for this step.

3. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I know that the Devs need to make the money, it just its a great game and I don't want it to get ruined.

4. darDar

Let´s make a fake forum for the STEAM guys.
    Also fake servers.
    While we play KAG 1.0 they´ll be playing fakeKAG :QQ:

lavalord and ParaLogia like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You could easily make a private forum + host whitelisted servers to keep the micro community going if you like, but it's a little retrocentric in my eyes. Who says the new people will all be arseholes? Arseholes play the game anyway, even without steam.

@darDar you know as well as us we're gonna make sure it's ready before releasing it to the masses.

lavalord and darDar like this.
  6. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I like the idea of the premiums before kag steam release getting some sort of badge or something, just to show that we were here first ;P

Anything that sets you apart from the masses is good.

lavalord and toffie0 like this.
  7. BorderKeeper

Bad idea mate. You wanna be treated special? For getting the game at 1/2 the price? Nobody sensible would mind-knowingly split the community in twain.
    Nevertheless I guess a group BS and AS (before,after steam) will be made and there will be people that will defend theirs to the blood.
    Shame. (don't do that ppls)

UnnamedPlayer and ParaLogia like this.
  8. darDar

I was joking :yes:

9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I'm not talking about splitting community, I said a badge. Not for getting it cheap, but for sticking with the game throughout its development.

10. BorderKeeper

I would give that for DayZ. This game really wasn't that dreadful to play throughout its development IMO.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That gave me a chuckle.

We may have some reward for pre-beta players, but I'm not sure how simple it'll be to do a custom head or similar. A forum badge is probably feasible. I'll have a talk with some of the other guys over the week, they're more familiar with the forum capabilities.

12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I think it should be a signed photo of the dev team. That's clearly the best possible option for everyone involved.

And I'm sure nobody will try to use the DNA on the photo to clone anyone else, so that we might create our own rival game, inexplicably called KOG.

13. johncarterminime2

johncarterminime2 Shopkeep Stealer

Pre beta for classic kag or pre beta for 1.0

14. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

kong ardor's gode

15. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

All about King Arthur's Jewels. KAJ

16. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

I'll be playing this game on steam, i got it now :)

17. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

You misspelled Jews.

Bad idea, it will cause a split on the community, a feeling of superiority by the before-beta players and new players will feel left out. I would rather have the steam players merge with the current community as smooth as possible.
    I don't see any point in having one, except shoving down on people faces how much of an "oldfag" you're. And if Contrary doesn't need a badge, why would you?

blukey, Contrary, Glenfield and 2 others like this.
  18. Brchannelbr

Brchannelbr Catapult Fodder

I'm just here to warn you guys and deves about the region split that steam have, many people have purchased age of empires 2 hd and the lobby is not global! it's splitted by regions (you can change that on settings but it's not the same thing have everyone on the world ready to play with you). Please KAG Devs, don't let this happen!

19. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It will be the same server layout as that is currently available.

20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah fuck you guys where's my badge?

But jokes aside we need the current community and the incoming Steam wave to integrate as smoothly as possible. Adding more artificial divisions is only counterproductive and ultimately unhealthy for KAG.

KAG will need all of you to be welcoming to the new players. I know a lot of you will feel hurt at the changes to the community but it's for the good of the game and we owe the devs that much. Some of you will feel like lashing out against newer players and indeed some of you already are. Don't do this. It won't bring things back to the perfect little community that your nostalgia tells you used to be here and it only shows poorly of the older parts of the community that your represent.

I've seen a lot of changes with this community and its stayed strong every time. It can be strangely sad to see things change but I can't see the arrival of the Steam kids being any worse than any of your arrivals.