1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Chat Box Location?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ReggieFilsAime, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ReggieFilsAime

ReggieFilsAime Bison Rider

Is there anyway to change the location of the Chat Box ingame? Its really bugged me being there at the top of the screen, especially since it often blocks the map.

[edit - Trelawney] Nice to see the Nintendo COO of America taking KAG seriously, stickied cause it's a rather common question.

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

That annoys me a lot

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yes.

1.) Go to your KAG folder
    2.) Go to your Base folder
    3.) Go to your Scripts folder
    4.) Double Click on your config.gm file
    5.) Go to the line that says: global cc_valign = 0;
    6.) Change that line to: global cc_valign = 2;
    7.) Save the file
    8.) You're done.

Noburu likes this.
  4. feet

feet Bison Rider

Where does that place the chat box?

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It places it at the bottom.

If you put 1 instead of 2 or 0, it'll place it right in the middle, but I assume you don't want that.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You sadly have to do this EVERY damn time you start up the game, there are a few things in autoconfig that do this and severely need to be fixed as it turns out you may have to run 2-3 different commands every single time you start up the game.

Changing it in the file will often lead to the file just being overwritten with it back to 0 every time you start up KAG.

If file changing as Rayne said doesn't work for you ,open the game, press HOME, type in /cc_valign 2
    Then press enter, then HOME again, press Enter twice (to open/close chat) and it'll be fixed, but this is only temporary until you restart the game.

7. Kouji

I don't, maybe your config file just sucks or something. :p

(mine is always at the bottom)

8. BlueLuigi

Maybe it does, I've reinstalled 4 times and it still happens. :p

9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah maybe something to do with your windows settings or something. Mine has never defaulted back to top except after patching.

10. BlueLuigi

I must dig deeper to find the source of this problem, and reinstall many more times.

11. feet

feet Bison Rider

Config.gm doesnt open

12. Kouji

If it doesn't open by default, use a text editor (like notepad) and open the file through there.

13. BlueLuigi

FYI it's autoconfig.gm you want not config.gm

14. Kouji

FYI, I only changed it in the config.gm and it works for me (because I listened to MM)

configgm.png

15. BlueLuigi

And thatttttttt probably explains my entire problem, why the hell was it moved to there if it's been in friggin' autoconfig.gm for literally ever :|

16. Kouji

It's been there since build 265.

17. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wow derp Luigi the config master making such a noob mistake :D Yeah Luigi that would be your problem lol.

Rayne and Kouji like this.
  18. BlueLuigi

Well why the hell would it be in 2 places, also I have another similar problem with other settings, show tutorial, chat box dimensions, color, some fonts

19. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You need to have the game closed while you edit the file. If you have the game open, it will overwrite the config file when the game closes

20. BlueLuigi

Nah it was closed, problem was the wrong file. Despite the fact that autoconfig.gm is where this variable has always previously resided, for some reason they decided to put it in config.gm which sends a message every time it starts to overwrite whatever is in autoconfig.gm apparently, so what I was changing in autoconfig.gm was for naught. Changing it in config.gm however quickly removed that problem.

I suppose the main problem was stuff not being consistent in where it belongs, if a variable was always in autoconfig.gm and that is where ALL of those types of variables always were, there is almost no reason to have moved it to config.gm. I do know the reason to have done it, but not telling people explicitly that this strange way was used to get people in older clients to have it overwrite without changing their entire autoconfig.gm file would have been in order then in this case.