1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Can't use commands on server.

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by kaggit, Dec 19, 2014.

1. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Hello!
    I've finally managed to host a server but now I have a new issue. When I join the server my name is purple and I don't have the admin menu. Even when I login using /rcon the admin menu does not appear. I can use commands in rcon like sv_gravity and sv_test but I would reallllly love to have my admin menu. can someone please help?

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Pizza and makmoud98 like this.
  3. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

This is what I have in my Superadmin.cfg in security

name = Super Admin
    users = Kaggit;
    roles = rcon;
    commands = ALL;
    features = admin_color; always_change_team; ban_immunity; editor; freeze_immunity; join_full; kick_immunity; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; name_mouseover; pingkick_immunity; silent_rcon; skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; view_console; view_rcon;
    assign = admin; vip; normal; premium;

Is that correct or is there more I need to do?

4. Galen

Seems good to me.

Pizza likes this.
  5. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I've been told that the purple name means Dev. I always thought it meant host. just as orange means admin or mod. Is there a way to make a server outside the KAG folder? coz if the purple name is host then I could host it and it would be as if I'm just a superadmin and not a host. would that work?

6. Galen

Just copy the contents and put them in a different folder somewhere else on your pc, I think that's the easiest way of fixing it. And yes, purple means dev and you get it when hosting a server and joining said server through the same launcher (I think that's what it was).

Pizza likes this.
  7. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Alrighty. THanks. I'm gonna try hosting from a different folder. maybe that will make me a normal player when I join. :P
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 20, 2014 ---
    balls. It didn't work. I tried hosting out of the KAG folder, that did work but I still have a purple name. Something is telling the server that I'm hosting it. Besides the fact that I'm hosting and playing on the same PC. any ideas?

8. Galen

Mh no, not really, I suppose unless you get yourself a different computer (or VPS for that matter) to host on it won't change your nick color. Well, it doesn't matter all too much, does it?

Pizza likes this.
  9. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

In a way it doesn't. but I don't have the admin menu. which means I'm bascily not an admin. That's my problem. As admin you are able to use commands like !mat_stone but I can't. Unless I login via rcon but even then I don't have the admin menu.

10. Galen

I don't know if you did it, but did you remove the .example endings from all seclevs?

Pizza likes this.
  11. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I don't think so. Each seclev has .cfg after it and under file type it says EXAMPLE file.

12. Galen

You should set it so it displays the proper file name, seclevs by default are called (for example) "admin.cfg.example" that .example bit has to go.

Pizza likes this.
  13. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

How do I get rid of the .example.

14. Galen

If you're having your OS display the real file endings to you, just rename it. Cut that last bit away and save it. If it asks you if you really want to do that, just do it. It won't hurt that file.

Pizza likes this.
  15. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Problem is, it's only displaying "Superadmin.cfg" then next to that it has EXAMPLE file under file type. So I can't remove it by just changing the name.

16. Galen

17. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I removed the .example from all of the seclevs, hosted my server but I still don't have the admin menu. I also can't use commands without enabling sv_test. D:

18. Galen

Commands like "!bombs" don't work without sv_test. What did you do to your seclevs? The superadmin.cfg you posted looks fine, so I'm suspecting you did something else?

Btw, console master race

Pizza likes this.
  19. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I thought you could do commands like !bombs as admin without enabling sv_test. I mean I'm basing this on seeing it done on another server. Are you sure it's not possible? also I have not changed anything in my seclevs. it still says what I posted above.

and what is "console master race" coz I do not understand that...or I'm just stupid O.o

20. Galen

As far as I know you have to enable sv_test to be able to use those commands, and yes it might be possible that there's some kinda mod or something that enables it for admins only (haven't heard of that though).
    re console master race: there's a console you can use to do stuff, i.e. rcon commands. And with the last bit of that statement I meant that using the console is (in my humble opinion) a lot better than that admin menu, but that's probably because we didn't have that when I started being admin in classic.

Well to be honest I won't be able to tell what screws up your settings since I can't look at them, if you don't mind could you send me your seclevs in a pm so that I can take a look at them?

Pizza likes this.