1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cant seem to get the hang of the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jedi13, Nov 11, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

I have tried playing this game for a couple of hours (6 hours according to steam (a very small ammount, I know), but I cannot seem to get the hang of anything. Whenever I am knight, everyone just shreds me when I attempt to fight. When I am an archer, knights easily catch me. When I am a builder, I am either useless, my buildings get instantly destroyed, or I get killed super quickly. Anyone have any tips/suggestions? Should I just play some more?

2. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

As a Builder, make sure you place backwalls (the ones that go in the background) behind your structures. These will help keep your structures connected to the ground and will prevent collapses if the structure itself is partially destroyed. Also, keeping doors slightly above the ground helps to keep dead bodies and random items from holding them open.

As Archer, use your grappling hook (rmb) to your advantage. Once you get the hang of it, you can use it to move faster in almost any situation, even across flat ground, keeping you one step ahead of knights. You can even draw your bow while grappling. Try to move with ally knights, and fire shots at their opponents for suppression. Look for weak points in enemy structures, and use bomb or fire arrows to take advantage of them.

Your arrows also act as temporary ladders for your team, any good player will appreciate someone who makes arrow ladders to help their team over enemy walls.

norill likes this.
  3. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

Hm... thanks :)

4. Ferret_Ferret

Ferret_Ferret Shark Slayer

We all start somewhere, Jedi. Welcome, and may you learn aplenty upon your stay. ::):

UnnamedPlayer and Jedi13 like this.
  5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

There are some tips that can really help you, but "Practice leads to Perfection" (or something like that)

As knight, timing is the most important thing, the most "advanced" (and usually most effective) attack is Slash Jousting, try to mix the MiniBoost that the slash provides you with the Slash itself, use your enviroment for advantage, the boost that wall jumping provides you is VERY useful, try using bombs and water bombs.
    here are some miscelanous tips:
    - Flowers, Burgers and Grains will max heal you.
    - If a knight is shielding (doesnt mattering the direction) the water bomb must hit directly to stun him.
    - Water bombs are the best to catching archers, if you do it fastly, they wont react enough faster to escape, as it explodes instantly when it touches the Archer/ground.
    - Bombs will only do 3 hearts of damage max.
    - Use the shield against Jabspammers, shielding their jabs will stun them for a short period of time.
    - If your mate captures the flag, and if you have water ammo, waste it all in slowing down the enemies, play the objetive!

As mentioned before, the best way to get good at any class is training and practicing, but those tips should help...
    By the way, play the "Save The Princess" singleplayer mode until you pass it without dying, not even once.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  6. It is arguably a tough game to get into, with a fairly sharp difficulty spike. Here's the thing that made me passable at knight:

When you're slashing, remember that the faster you're moving, the higher the priority of your slash. Thus, if you want to have a better chance to hit, be moving quickly when you're slashing.

If you'd like some tips, feel free to hit me up some time. my IGN is "Reudh".

Froghead48 and Jedi13 like this.
  7. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

*got ninjd with that thing of slashing while moving*

one thing more, full charged shots (as archer of course) at close range stun the enemy, shielding or not, that's why the "shotgun" is effective at close range, 1 arrow breaks the shield (if we talk about knights) and the other two impact on their filthy body!

8. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

Hm... Thanks Everyone :D
    I will definitly try that "Save the Princess" mode...

9. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Yeah about that, Segdewick's projectiles are not-so-easy to dodge, mostly depends on the position... if you play the campaing as archer, dodging the Magical Balls is impossible, as you cant block them (if you dont climb from the outer side, i mean doing it like its meant to be done)

10. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

I desperatly want to be able to play this game decently SO...
    I am going to play throught it, untill I take NO damage, at all, with every class. >:3

11. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

It's good to just play knight, and try to get your slash timing down to the millisecond. The faster you can get your slash out, the better, there's that sweet spot right before the graphic where your slash is actually charged. Other than that, you're goal is to hit between the other knight's slashes/movement. Try jabbing if you can't get in between with a slash.

12. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

Just saw where I posted this... did a mod move it?

13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I highly recommend spending most of your time as archer. Camp on the frontline and find somewhere that you can be safe and practice landing shots on enemies. This really supports your team. After you've gotten enough money, spend it on 6 water arrows. When you see enemy knights trying to bombjump quickly send a few water arrows their way! Once you get good enough you can go builder and get the 30 stone that you automatically get from spawn. Mine 5 more stone so you have 35 stone total then go to the builder shop and buy a boulder. Change back to archer buy some water arrows and grab your boulder. Now get your water arrows ready. As enemies come by quickly spam water at them and grapple over with your boulder. Let go of the boulder right in their faces for instant kills. This is by far the best way to play the game.

icemusher likes this.
  14. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

[​IMG]
    That sounds... Infuriating for the enemy team :3
    "ITS RAINING BOULDERS!!!"

Ferret_Ferret and TheDirtySwine like this.
  15. TheDirtySwine

There was once a legend named @Anonymuse . He used to use the water spam and boulders tactic until people banned him from their servers. Forever my hero. Never forget :QQ::boulder::water_arrow:

16. TheDirtySwine

Says the spike spamming faggot troll.

Crunchy_Cat and Jedi13 like this.
  17. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Hell I don't even think I can do that

J-man2003 and Jedi13 like this.
  18. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

K then. NEVER FORGET THE ANNOYING BOULDER SPAMMER :QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2014 ---
    *On the Save the Princess thing

Potatobird likes this.
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Y-yeah.., that's what I was talking about lol

seriously sedgewick is op

Jedi13 likes this.
  20. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

Stuffs. Whos sedgewick?

Mods: Rainbows