1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 808

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

More tweaks and improvements based on playing the last build and feedback from everybody.

I removed the water not flowing through backwall since it was too confusing but we:
    added a sponge item to workbench
    Hold this item in water and it will absorb it. Best used in 5x5 separated spaces to remove water from rooms.

Other worth mentioning things are: more expensive spikes, materials amounts balanced, bombjumping changed (more responsive, jumps farther), bombs not blowing up dirt as much, keg more agressive, spawning in raided halls removed, optimzation to make server not lag so much.

Changes from log:

[modified] factory can have tech set by anyone (really annoying when you're knight and builder didn't finish the job)
    [fixed] a few issues with bomb arrow stick
    [fixed] pause in menu in singleplayer
    [fixed] not able to build backwall on some objects
    [added] bomb arrows stick in visually
    [added] archer can detach bomb arrow with knife
    [fixed] bomb arrow hitting bomb resets bomb timer
    [modified] bomb only collides with shielding enemy knights, less "OMG" acciental griefing
    [modified] can carry less ammo - especially for special ammos (spam/ammo hog reduction).
    [added] Arcrave's bombjumping
    [fixed] hilarious/idiot scoreboard getting frozen on screen then bugged gone forever
    [fixed] mine doesn't collide with door

[removed] underwater sound effects (lags for some ppl)
    [added] keg explosion is thicker and meatier
    [added] keg explosion dominates even stone doors
    [modified] drill is more expensive and less durable
    [modified] trap is a bit more expensive
    [fixed] vehicles unpacking in the air
    [modified] crises map a little
    [fixed] knight firing bomb when something in hands and Space pressed
    [modified] picking up bomb will set that for knight
    [dev] tweaks to pickup
    [fixed] warboat mast climbing
    [added] corpses don't collide with arrows and dont interfer with building
    [modified] tweaked priority pickups
    [dev] cursors back in videorecording mode
    [fixed] possible bug for workshops not producing on client
    [added] scroll of carnage and drought to trader
    [fixed] scroll with drill not working in hall
    [fixed] hall helps overlapping GUI
    [removed] factories from GUI
    [added] missing derp and note emoticons
    [modified] hall underwater captures fast
    [added] bomb doesn't damage dirt tiles as much
    [fixed] accidental nazi archer
    [fixed] dead migrant wasn't replaced until it gibs or decays (also known as lazy human resources department)
    [modified] way ballista collides with map (no more warping through)
    [fixed] red barrier after game end
    [added] bomb kills you if it goes off in your pocket

2. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Thank you very much ! :D
    Gonna try this nao.

Stevedog and butterscotch like this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Note that the sponge looks like something out of alien autopsy because if it was natural colours it was "too hard to spot" or looked "like a potato". We'll search for better solutions later on, for now its a pink blob made of wood and you'll just have to accept it :)

4. MM

Halls destruction fixed.

5. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Can you clarify and possible give a thread or video on how to do Arcrave's bombjumping I'm curious.
    Also and I was about to report a bug that happened in build 806 noting major but still it matters.
    screen-13-07-05-13-28-01.png

6. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

OK, 1, 2, 3.... thingy.
    Haven't seen sand, sponges seems to be fine.
    As I heard from people sand test failed.
    Just as I predicted there will be many problems with the sand balancing

1) war bot ladders are weird, don't you think?
    There should be something like a ladder going up the mast And people should not be able to climb in areas 1, 2 and 3.
    [​IMG]

2) I like new kegs. but the block destroying radius is still to big.

Explosion should be going 2 blocks higher not 1 and 1 blog down not 2.
    Block destroying radius on the sides should be 3 blocks wide not 4.
    With stone doors it works fine, but not with dirt and wood and stone blocks.
    [​IMG]

3) Gib scroll and magical gold scroll should not be this cheep people will dig for scrolls not research ( actually they should not even be there)
    1 scroll per map is enough to put 1 team in the winning position.

4) Gold stack up to 1000. Make it stack up to 500 like every other resource dose, gold is nothing special.

5) Yes sky bridges.
    I want skybridges to be nerfed down to the blue mark, that what I want.
    Now what's important Nerf it down to the red mark. Still to long.
    I love how selfish people are I created a map which was basically 2 sky bridges and people were crying How's that it is a bad map because people jump on top of the ships and kill everybody. Now people like Ohh , sky bridges, They are good, not a problem.
    [​IMG]

6) Can't see promised Ballista artillery outposts.

7. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

808 :
    (kag got renamed to Scroll of carnage war :p)

3 reasons for that :

1. make a wood farm and a saw, gather 2000 wood, which wont take you longer then 1 minute after the first time getting a saw and having the wood farm up.

2. Go to trader, exchange 2000 wood to 250 gold, buy 2 x scroll of carnage and use em like a bitch :D

3. If ur trader is out of stock, kill him and wait for respawn, he'll have no out of stock cooldown anymore.

So basicly, the bug that the trader out of stock cooldown is removed when dead is the biggest problem, while the scroll of carnage aswell be might a bit too cheap.

That's all, else it's a great build and before we found that bug the game was great^^

8. NKking

Trades cant sell magic is illegal to do that in KAG .

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

NKking, people whined about your maps because they were impossible to end and the defending team always had a huge advantage. Not only that, but they didn't even need to work for the height advantage, it was there naturally, with dirt backwall so it wasn't possible to collapse either. And I have no idea how disliking obviously terrible maps counts as selfishness.

Constructing a skybridge yourself is something entirely different. It can be collapsed, used against you and it requires resources to set up. It would be terrible if we only had support of 5 blocks. Even regular ground level structures would be a pain in the ass to create.
    I'd also like to note that THERE IS A BUG REPORTS SUBFORUM. You don't need to list every tiny bug in here. The testers will add your reported bugs to mantis and Geti ends up seeing them anyway.

10. MM

Magic scroll should have higher prices now, after servers are restarted.

AcidSeth and delankski like this.
  11. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

When Trader dies the out of stock cooldown gets removed and he respawns after 15 seconds, did you fix that too?

Also, traders can be killed by the own team cauze he's neutral. So basicly there's no cooldowns on the scrolls right now or any other stuff you can buy on trader.

12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Lovely drawings on shots Nkking.
    [added] corpses don't collide with arrows and dont interfer with building
    awyeah!

13. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

No-o-o-o ;(

14. NKking

I rarely spot bug most of the time I report disbalanced about things.
    And I put my map as example AGAIN not because of how easy it is to destroy a d(cliffs in my map) but how big of a advantage the height gives in kag. I agree that was a bad map but I don't want to hear that from you I never agreed and never will agree that you are a good admin or a mapper (especially mapper)
    </br>--- merged: Jul 5, 2013 3:59 PM ---</br>
    Another thing People learned how to use sponges to build underwater bases.
    water should reappear after the sponge sponged it . Not just refill the empty space. I hope I described it in a understandable way.[​IMG]

15. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Feels nice and smooth. Now the archer walks while charging the shot :D.

Gameplay feels too messy: the players can move and lay blocks very fast, and it's like an attacking, jumping, rushing hysteria.
    For this i think that bigger maps would be nice, different kind of trampolines, throwable random objects (as in Super Smash Brothers 64; i would like to be able to grab an enemy and throw him to the spikes, but that's something else...) some chain-held bridges (just like those in the movies, a castle surrounded by water and it opens its gate whet they want to, by poles). I mean, the defenses will be more hard to take, but harder to build as well.
    The scrolls idea looks nice, ¿are you implementing more? I guess it will be an easy thing to mod.

gj and thanks

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I understand bigger maps and perhaps random throwable objects, but picking up people not really...it would be too annoying.

The only thing that bothers me is that knight combat is all about mashing M1 instead of having prolonged duels where knights actually use different techniques, combat feels very casual now and kinda makes you feel like some meat bag, the slightest stun from anything gets to you, I'm serious about it, there is a lot of things that stun you endlessly and let me give you examples: water bombs/arrows, bombs, shield parry break, jabbing other knights shield, charging power slash for too long, being hit with arrow, stun from falling, there is too much of it, I also think water ammo should be made as simply something that allows you to fight fires better.

I also did mockup of how I think technology research should work, If someone cares about it too, please elaborate and let's figure potential alternatives to a progression system that is currently implemented in game.

[​IMG]

System is very simple, click on button with tech icon on it, infobox displays info about technology and if certain tech needs scroll, the more votes on given tech the more priority it gets, each player has 1 votes max per one button, it does not speed up research but instead gives priority to what should be done first, so if you want ballista very early in game, very well then ask teammates to place votes on it, if votes are not specified, items should researched one by one in their normal queue.

Note: Small thing on picture it says "faster" what I mean by it is basically priority.

17. NKking

Hmm, I like your idea about research But research should stay progressive. + if research will be so people chose what they want right in the beginning of the game there will be no point in gold at all ( there will be a smaaaalll part of players who will still use gold.)
    Nice clean research window, I like it.

There should be 2 research trees( like it is now) Ammo and transport. I think all researches which are available in the game should be able to gain by research and if they want stuff faster , well, dig for gold.
    Stabs should be slower. And I think that all players who play KAG for a long time have their own tricks on how to fight but super stabing beats them all.
    maybe some sort of loop

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Just honestly NKking, how terrible knight are you? ONE JAB IS ENOUGH TO STUN YOUR ENEMY FOR 2 SECONDS. And all you have to do is hold RMB. What IS hard about it? Jabbing is NOT overpowered or superior tactic, it's slashing + jab combos. What sets your skill bar is how well you can time the combo and how well can you compensate with lag.

Slowing down jab doesn't improve gameplay.
    Slowing down jab and adding a tiny momentum boost could do so however.

I wonder if you are either a tree stump or high on weed all the time to think "super stabing" beats all the other attacks.

Stevedog, AcidSeth, delankski and 2 others like this.
  19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I used to play this game called Pirates, Vikings and Knights II for a bit, what happens there when you get stunned, it does not stop you from moving at all but instead it allows you to move slowly around, in KAG however when you get stunned, you are locked in place, unless it's stun from water arrow or bomb which somehow allows you to drift around without animation, in PVK2 you could still attack while being stunned but it wouldn't allow you to do as much damage or break blocks, the game also had this simple yet effective system of "perfect parry" which if you parried correctly against an attack it would stagger your opponent and you get to strike him back, kind of like double slash which seems to never work.

20. NKking

Stabing is a bit to fast A BIT. Yes you can jump back, shield it them stab or slash back. But it is not about me or you playing the game right.
    Just honestly Monsteri, while writing that comment, have you thought about new player? Not noobs not idiots just about people who just bought the game a jumped in to the beta straight away or people who played classic all the time.
    When people join beta they see all these strong knight who own them. New players are not used to the new slash timing so they just start stab spam. and I feel sad for them because the see how powerful is stabbing so they continue using it and forget that there is slash and that is a disbalanced game mechanics. To balance such a delicate mechanics the timing on stabs and slashes should be reduced by a few milliseconds. JUST enough so the it an equal balance between stab and slash. that balance will give new players a n ability to experiment and develop their own style of play. an tell you the whole lection about how diffren players use different mechanics and how which are just slightly disbalanced can cause the whole game to change.

Ohh about weed. I never smoked weed and never will, I prefer to keep my mind clear when I do work.
    And please don't tell about your problems in public , ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.