1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 781

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Quick follow-up to the remade KAG Beta released yesterday: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/build-780-beta-remade.14373/unread

We're working fast. Here are the most important changes:

New key function: cycle ammo and blocks by tapping [F]

[fixed] player spawning elsewhere than at edge on join game
    [modified] keg doesn't blast downwards
    [fixed] ladder eating away mats when placing background wall
    [added] time threshold for team balance (to prevent poor MM playing as builder from being balanced)
    [modified] migrants won't spawn when there is a raid
    [modified] dorm has twice less health
    [modified] drowning doesn't force you down until the very very end; you can swim longer without speed penalty; dying is faster
    [added] fire extinguish sounds for fire arrow extinguished
    [modified] fire arrows bounce off shield
    [added] knight can protect themselves from fire with shield
    [fixed] can't unpack crate on no build zones
    [added] cycling knight bombs with tapping F
    [added] cycling building blocks with tapping F
    [added] archer arrow cycling with F
    [modified] bomb arrows deflect from shields
    [removed] arrows sticking in shield
    [modified] swapped barracks and military supplies tech
    [modified] factory requires 1 dorm to work
    [modified] mine can't be picked up by enemies; priming time lower
    [fixed] dinghy, barracks tech requirement description
    [fixed] sandbox fixed scrolls and research
    [dev] better ladder fly bug hack fix
    [added] fire anim to dorm
    [added] female migrant
    [fixed] fly ladder bug (hack)

2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Nice job guys, I'm liking this.

butterscotch likes this.
  3. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

[added] cycling knight bombs with tapping F
    [added] cycling building blocks with tapping F
    [added] archer arrow cycling with F

Thx :]

4. [modified] fire arrows BOUNCE OFF shield
    [​IMG]

butterscotch likes this.
  5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Can't wait to play :D

butterscotch likes this.
  6. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Water bombs do not work anymore. :(

7. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Thx for the fixes. Haven't checked yet, but will.

8. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Awesome.
    Also, SO HAPPY I CAN FINALLY BLOCK FIRE ARROWS. This is amazing.

butterscotch likes this.
  9. NKking

well
    1) Kegs are useless. most of the time you can't reach or they bug out and don't destroy any blocks the only hope is to throw a bomb on the ground, pick up the keg and suicide explode in the enemy base AND while you are throwing bomb someone 90 % of the time seals your keg.

2) I beg you return the mechanics of the keg explosion, just reduce the radius so 3 blocks away from the explosion blocks are being destroyed and in 6 block radius instakills players if not shielded. Don't mess the previously well done and successfully tested mechanics. Round keg explosions were realistic. Also please return explosion on collision, just make it so that the hit between keg and block must be stronger than it was before.
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :b_shop: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall::castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :castle_bg:

3) Also make it so players could light bombs while holding them in your hands and add some sort of window where knights and archers could see what is selected. It is really annoying to go to your inventory every time I want to see what is selected.

4) Make mines detonation radius bigger so that players wont reach them with swords.
    :blank::blank::ladder:
    :ladder::ladder::b_shop::ladder::ladder:

:ladder:- detonation blocks
    :castle_bg:- blast radius (instakills players)
    :castle_wall:- destroyed block
    :b_shop:- explosive

5) When the library is destroyed all research notes must be in one book and not a pile of scrolls, it will be easier to steal researches for the enemy team. (more refined end game scenario). Also if team A will steal team B's researches and put them in to their library it should be End game. As a different end game scenario.

6) It is too hard to spot fire and understand where it is to get it extinguished. I don't now is it a bug or new textures.

7) Bases are still looking like 9 story hotels, but better. Keep refining that drom idea and it will eventually get perfect. At least I hope so.

8) It could be helpful if there was an optional window which showed things that were researched, so when Players are buying scrolls they wont wait 350 gold.

Good job on bug fixing. keep refining beta I hope more people will migrate from classic to beta.
    But new updates made Beta worse. Serious changes in the update must be done and quick!

galdrad, Apronymous and Digger101 like this.
  10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

This so much, it's not even looking like castles.

11. NKking

I understand the devs wanted to implement that drom mechanics but it takes so much time to build these shop. so people build the fastest and compact way possible and then rush to fight leaving one poor builder to do the boring job. Even if he enjoys it is unfair both building and fighting aspects must be fun that's why prefer people play classic.

Sometimes when I play new update it seams that devs have ideas which they want to put in to the game, so the SHOVE all these ideas in and hope for the best.
    Devs remember how you made classic you must know when to stop.

10) Devs the best idea you had in the whole KAG game was building time. Add it to the beta. It might help.

11) Boats are too far in the research line and people cant chose what to do go dig gold or research same problem like BETA and Classic has People are sure that research will work but slowly and in the same way every time, but mining gold is not super fun and some one might go and dig some of it and you won't have enough ...Etc.

I really hope that devs will see this post and fix stuff; till then I wont play beta!
    :(:>:(:
    That's my opinion!

12. driecoolguy36

Also, I feel like I should add this, as this is my opinion.
    This game is so, so much fun when it gets into the late game, with large, awesome battles with a bunch of cool weapons.
    The thing is, the game oft gets stuck in the early/mid game due to rushes that either end the game in a couple minutes, or cripple one team so that they cannot recover enough to get their production on track, but not enough to die. Then we have a stalemate.
    Also, bomb arrows are evil.

xChapx and NKking like this.
  13. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

This killed KAG, way to go. You could have left it where it was and added little things. Every game ends this way.

16th likes this.
  14. driecoolguy36

You mean update 780? Yeah, it has quite a few flaws that i didn't realize until now, but beta is beta, and nothing is concrete.

Apronymous, xChapx and LostPix like this.
  15. SeanAS

It's ruined if they don't fix far ass slashes, and all this queer shit.

16. NKking

Dude to harsh it never killed the game but it wounded it badly.
    That is a biased unthought statement.

17. SeanAS

They add useless stuff instead of fixing the things that need fixed. Like reach slashes.

18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Way to go and to be retard about it.

I only realize it's not as fun because no one even bothers to build proper nice castles, it's always hotels and half assed walls, the main problem is, everything is too easily destroyed, I think players should be able to besiege castles and keep on attacking each other for extended periods of time, or the main problem is everything nice takes way too much time to build and only few seconds to destroy, not everyone is fast, not everyone has imagination and there is a lackluster of blocks to use, also there is no point upgrading wood to stone as it does not halve the material cost at the moment.

16th likes this.
  19. NKking

The fixed a lot of things and long slashes as well; they were longer. All that stuff I cool but it should have been adapted In a better way.

20. SeanAS

I think they are still pretty far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.