1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 572 Update - Remote/TCP RCON

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FliesLikeABrick, Nov 19, 2012.

1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi All,

You may have noticed that an update just went out, still labeled build 572. This update brings a feature that has been requested of me by many server owners - the ability to execute RCON commands without being in-game with a client. This feature, which I have been referring to as "tcp rcon" or "remote admin", allows you to connect to the server's game port via tcp (with telnet or another client). From there you can monitor/access console output as well as execute RCON commands.

I actually started the design of this feature months ago, but this past week I have been traveling and had time to work on it while I was on the train.

This update also contains a small memory corruption bugfix.

More information about this new remote admin feature can be found in the wiki and questions/discussion of the feature can be found on the forums.

Feels good to be back and actively working on KAG --
    FliesLikeABrick

2. Username5679

Username5679 Shark Slayer

That's really cool, I do like the "remote rcon" like things for servers. Not that I use it myself, I just like it as it can help with griefers since admins can connect faster.

ALSO, I'M FIRST LOL

3. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

Cool Now i can Remote my Server Now :p

4. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Nice, another carrot to the server admins :)

5. That's not fair, cant run it on windows. I can't even run the server manually, it keeps crashing.

Arcite likes this.
  6. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Kewl idea, love it. Still, needs some bugfixing :)

7. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Did this update also add blood affects? Or have they been around for a while and ijust havent noticed them?

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Sounds legit. o u o
    If I had a computer on hand to speak of!!!! >:O
    Would be cool if you can also do it through a possible free app that lets you do the same thing, just that you can only read the convos currently happening on said server. And also includes kicking abilities and the ability to talk to the players in the server.

This is only a suggestion, don't rage.

9. sonic7089

sonic7089 Bison Rider

Thanks for the hotfix FLAB! <3

10. duvakin_dragonborn

duvakin_dragonborn Catapult Fodder

:QQ:
    I CANT DOWNLOAD IT :,(