1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 548 - Classic ~Final

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Well I will miss it too, because any nerf to catapults means a nerf to offense, which is kinda lame. But it was a really dumb bug anyways. Maybe make it so catas only use 5 stone per shot?

SARGRA13, Antman, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  2. Vaugen

Vaugen Shopkeep Stealer

Good, because bombs weren't OP enough already.

Cirom and -Q like this.
  3. ATTENTION.

THIS POST HAS BEEN MARKED AS A TROLLING ATTEMPT.
    PLEASE STOP YOURSELF FROM REPLYING TO IT.

DID YOU HEAR ME CONTRARY?

GloriousToast likes this.
  4. 1. Bombs aren't OP. The bitches who don't know how to shield them are just too butthurt.
    2. Bomb shields, though I use them for towers, is such a dick move anyway. 20 wood is all it takes to nullify 1 bomb which costs 20 gold. Builders can always repair that shit as well.
    3. Though I am disappointed I can't refill my cata easily now, meh, bomb refilling 20 stone isn't legit anyway.

5. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

The autoupdater seems to be broken after this update. I've reported this problem as bug 737, can anyone confirm it?

6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

at op
    only thing im slightly sad about is classic lighting. maybe put that as a variable. it makes tunneling a horrible method...
    will there be an actually "vote next map" in this?
    that timer setting reseting will now make knight more op me likey likey.
    have you fixed bomb lamp glitch?
    what is no shadowing

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The interesting thing now, i was playing and hiding behind thin wall, knight threw bomb which exploded on block in front of me, not only block was destroyed but I also died.

Bomb lamp glitch, what are you talking about, is it about explosive lanterns on MOLE?

Ok so that's the one.

Better to have update than none at all.

Vaugen likes this.
  8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

BlauweSmurf and LostPix like this.
  9. Vaugen

Vaugen Shopkeep Stealer

That's the exact problem. Builders and archers only have one thing to protect them against bombs... walls. A knight with an ounce of skill can kill any builder or archer out in the open, whether he runs away or not. Single thick walls don't even protect anymore. I see this as a problem for creating a roof while progressing toward an enemy tower in 0 - 0 games. It's a problem for single thick walls and single doors as most towers have. It's a problem for archers/builders in murder holes. I just don't see why bombs needed this boost.

See above

Vaugen

ComboBreaker and LostPix like this.
  10. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Oh god it got even worse.

Untitled.png

Ziven never got hurt ever.

Edit: Too bad you guys didn't fix the switch to builder and lose a heart bug :(

MOAR EDITS: Up and down fighting is completely borked, can't even hurt the player below.

11. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Dammit i forgot to tell you to fix team bias support on towers Geti. Red is really weird in where it can place back-wall.
    But oh i am going to love seeing tunnelers!

12. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I like the classic lighting though =P

13. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

>Bombs do damage through blocks they blow up
    >Spends most of time as a camping archer

Crap.
    Nice update though, most of these bugfixes are pretty nice.

14. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I sort of hate and like this bomb damaging through holes effect, it's neat to ruin minecraft walls when they are backwalled, better reward at killing off builders who do this, and also if groups of archers spam at you from the small window.

15. studios

studios Shipwright

I agree with the sentiment that bombs were already OP. This boost is too much. Now you have to build roofs/floors 2x tall sometimes

16. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Tree bug is fixed everyone. The game will be released in about a week. Bridges cant absorb damage now? That was my only anti bomb strategy against bombs T_T

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I'm sorry to tell you but it's not the game release but media update.

Since last blog with media update it was said "the huge update is still a few weeks off at absolute earliest though." to release the major update before that Geti said "The lighting update will likely make it out to public at some point next week" - Which took almost three weeks to be released. Right now we are looking at period of couple weeks at least for the major update.

JacKD likes this.
  18. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I wouldn't say that bombs were already OP, but I worry about this new update. It encourages a lot more camping. We already have a problem of archers just camping behind towers, it seems like this might discourage them even more from leaving that nice thick wall.

On the other hand, archers can't just camp behind a one-block-thick wall anymore and just sync-shoot dozens of defenseless knights, since knights can at least get them slightly hurt so they flee to a bed, give the knight time to advance. That's good.

Also, fixed trees. The apocalypse is upon us, grandma was right!

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The bomb buff was to offset the apparent nerf to catapults from not getting free ammo. Bombs damaging through walls allows knights to command a little more attention and deal with entombers more easily, as well as offering a slightly better chance against masses of archers (which are still the most powerful force in the game, allowing for the occasional obscenely effective assault builder).
    Yes, it means you need to build more to defend against then, which to me sounds like a buff to the attacking strategy and a nerf to turtling, which is something I've been asked for numerous times.

Re: Attacking downwards playing up - I'll look into that tonight.

SARGRA13, Ej, FuzzyBlueBaron and 2 others like this.
  20. Derschlact

Derschlact FIRE AT WILL! Donator

What I really want to know is what happens when I get hit by a fatal attack, and my heart literally turns into a bubble.

Cirom likes this.