1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Build 1492 - Mechanisms and More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Warning. You most likely will lose your account forever. Be very careful. Call the police. Your reputation will get destroyed if you don't. Run. Now. Save your life.
    No, you won't get banned if some kid reported you for false speedhacking. Video evidence is required and it's utterly hard/impossible to modify it up to accusate you wrongly.

I will try to find the logs on the issue and send them to skinney on IRC. Though it may be due to my quickly done mod but i'd be surprised, or due to mC (but i'd be really surprised).

2. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Was just sharing my "lel" moment with you people.
    Considering it's related to the new anti-speed hacks debuff update thingy.

He should of read the update and realized it's merely a distant dream to speed hack now.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's possible, but requires more work than just launching cheat engine and setting speedhax on.

king-george likes this.
  4. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Are you considering making a tutorial for when mechanisms are able to be built?
    Also, I like the new water feature, but imo the bubble sprites should be a bit more "chunky" (probably just me being stupid) to match KAG style, because atm the pixels are really small (again, me being a bitch about it).
    In the end, it's a really good update. ::)::thumbs_up:

Anonymuse likes this.
  5. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

A hint for @Geti: ArrowDown.png, it has disappeared.
    I detest the new bubbles as they:
    1. Look horrible.
    2. Doesn't prompt me.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    SirDangalang and PUNK123 like this.
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

very constructive

7. Shen2

Shen2 Drill Rusher

I don't like the new breathing system, I can last like 4 seconds underwater before drowning to death against like 8 seconds or something before the update, and as someone who enjoys the hell outta water combat dis be hell :QQ::QQ:

8. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Water is made to be an obstacle in this game, so this will encourage players to build more naval siege rather than play an Olympic pool game, imo.

9. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I thought they just added the bubble indicator, did they change the actual drowning speed?

PeggleFrank, Kububv and Blue_Tiger like this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I think both Potatoo

11. Shen2

Shen2 Drill Rusher

That would be nice and all if boats where usable in anyway longboats are cool and all but 1 boulder or knight that falls on top of em and they just stop right in their track and you can spam wooden doors/platforms and they become useless, and let's not forget that they need teamwork to be of any use and we all know how much teamwork kag has.....

And warboats are just used as spawnpoints since their ram is non existence you might as well build a small platform and get a balista since it's cheaper and much more useful.

And finally boats actually need some water in the first place and there's like none there used to be some flood-able maps but they got changed so all we got now are pools to play Olympic pool games in

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fixed next build. Looks like a bad merge removed it.

Re: drowning speed - it's slightly increased; you have the same amount of air count but it's now measured in ticks rather than some arbitrary amount. It's nothing as extreme as 4 seconds compared to 8 seconds though; I believe it's about a 25% increase, designed to make tunneling through waterlogged areas more hazardous.

Not yet. The mechanisms are not going to be available in raw CTF or TTH so it's not important that every new player understands exactly how they work; you can play with them in sandbox to figure them out once we let you build them. If we get competitive modes with them we can have a tutorial - we actually want to expand the single player side a lot more before even considering that though!

tru0067, SirDangalang and MadRaccoon like this.
  13. Potatobird

Builders can simply place doors for extra breath, increasing the drowning rate would just make it harder for the other classes to hunt them down underwater (in most situations anyway), would it not? I feel like that actually makes underwater tunneling safer and more necessary

14. Geti

Honestly I'm considering making only stone doors block water at all, but no, it means once you get them on the back foot (ie have another builder there digging their doors) they can't retreat as far through water safely, and are still open to ranged attacks during that time. Generally makes the whole situation higher pressure from what I've played, though admittedly it's only been a couple of games.

15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

When does skinney get head?

16. Potatobird

All day errday

17. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I played only few rounds on TDM server and don't know how all these mechanisms works yet but:

Mechanisms + Better bot's AI = AWESOMENESS
    AWESOMENESS = Great campaign maps (levels) for solo mode or even for small servers (co-op mode) etc.

Btw. anyone have a color palette for new blocks? I know I can find it somewhere in the files but I'm lazy :P

Also I wonder what will happen if I load a map with mechanisms on the CTF server?!

SirDangalang and norill like this.
  18. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Better bot's AI = Work + Slowness
    Slowness = Complains
    o/

Using aseprite, when you're opening a file, it will automatically load its palette. Try it out.

They will spawn but you won't be able to use them because CTF's gamemode.cfg does not include mechanic scripts. Check out my testing server, open the mod and watch the files around. Feel free to copy/paste it to your own mod if you ever feel, not like I've spend 10 minutes on them. Though mechanics scripts seems to eat up a lot of resources. I had to lower a lot my sv_maxplayers.

RadioActive and Noburu like this.
  19. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Back to KAG then I guess.

20. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think water should eventually destroy wooden doors instead of making it where it allows water to pass through if that is what you mean. The same with stone but it takes a bit longer for the water to break away at it.

blackjoker77777 and Blue_Tiger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.