1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bedrock absorbs Keg explosion - or am I mistaken?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crackwise, Jan 6, 2014.

1. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

An interesting thing I have seen all the time Kag beta was around and still continue to experience as of build [984] is that bedrock (the green indestructible tile) seems to effect how destructive the Keg explosion is.

I mean, as seen below, there is a possibility a Keg which explodes on the green bedrock tiles has a high chance of not doing any damage to the stone blocks next to it.

:castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::bedrock::bedrock::dirt::dirt:

Has anyone else also observed this behaviour? If so, perhaps it should also be posted on the "Bugs" section.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    MadDog, BlueLuigi, Piano and 4 others like this.
  2. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea its a really wierd bug that can be the difference between losing and winning at times, devs need to fix it because it brings too much of an undesired impact to the game

ThePiemaster, BlueLuigi and Beelzebub like this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Sometimes the same thing happens with dirt blocks too. I saw a guy drop a keg like two tiles below a row of doors and thanks to the dirt under them, they took no damage at all.

Since it wasn't my team I thought it was fucking hilarious but I'd be pissed if it was me.

4. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

I saw this thing too. One time when keg exploded (sandbox) on stone tiles it destroyed all nearby dirt, but stone became BLACK:ehh:, i think it was a bug, but its true that keg sometimes dont destroy blocks. Sometimes when keg fall on ground from tower it can explode, i noticed that 2 times already:keg:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 7, 2014 ---
    Maybe keg is sometimes ''too weak''... Maybe it's cause of bug? It,s very frequent when keg only destroy dirt, nothing else... Sometimes it doesnt kill players in range but only take a half of health...:r_flex:

5. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

I tested for my own curiosity.
    Yes the bedrock absorbs everything

Before Keg.png After Keg.png

You'll notice that the wood block I 'm standing on is only partially damaged

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Actually, iirc, bedrock dampening the effects of kegs/bombs is intentional on the part of the devs. Like sword slash range increasing with one's momentum it's an example of meta that can be used by clever players to great effect--but doesn't get widely advertised (I like to think of it as hidden depth :wink:).

7. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

@FuzzyBlueBaron Yeah, if you dig deep enough and find a high cliff of bedrock and build your tower on it, you actually get a keg-proof construct :) But that is not a very common sight, but yes, clever builders should exploit this! I know, I do try to make use of it when I build something... ;)

8. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

Hmm, bedrocks is so interesting. But if bedrocks could be destroyed a many ppl can pass map edge and fall out... maybe try to make two species of bedrock. One for edge shield (undestructable) and one for normal existing... can be destroyed with keg and mine,,, :huh?: its confusing topic about bedrock.. bedrock was created to be undestructible.. so?
    :bedrock::bedrock::bedrock::bedrock::bedrock::bedrock:::(:

Starsly likes this.
  9. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

R.I.P. destructible bedrock

Superblackcat and makmoud98 like this.
  10. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

But bedrock needs to be indestructible, that's why there is a specific tile called bedrock!

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I like how you say that like it's bad. Falling off the bottom of the map in classic was absolutely the most hilarious thing ever.

Superblackcat, Starsly, Piano and 3 others like this.
  12. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

i remember when back in beta we used to be able to break bedrock with a keg and flood that one map where there is water on top and a tunnel below... later.. they fixed the bug.

13. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I hate how bedrock makes tunneling impossible on most beta maps. D:

14. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

There should be only bedrock on edges, and stronger stone against explodes nah :r_flex::eek::flex:

Beelzebub and epenow like this.
  15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It's to channel/control/etc map progression.
    At the very least, it is one of the very few things that makes building defenses relevant.

16. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

I love old keg explosion type, not like in bomberman. Make this game more realistic, and make circular explosion. It would be awesowe, when there will be shards from explode that can fly away and hurt :B):

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The Cross-Shaped Explosion is okay, but the Tchebychev-like Entity Destruction, not fun.

18. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

theres also when u explode a keg in the botton of the flag, the stone in this part works like bedrock.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Some of the better classic builds were when it was destructable.

It's not bad if it's a feature, but it's really just not implemented in a way that makes it feel like anything but a bug, 1 tile of bedrock in the zone is enough to stop it from breaking down a tower, even though it should have no effect at all in that direction, if you catch my drift.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I do, I do indeed. Cue some of the most rage inducing moments of my time playing this game... >_>

BlueLuigi likes this.