1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Banning Griefers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zampoan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. zampoan

zampoan Catapult Fodder

Hi there,
    The other day as I was toiling away on "Bold temple classic roleplayer server" I cam along two indecent human beings. Here are some screenshots of the pair of griefers in action.
    They used deragotary(excuse the spelling) phrases such as "Faggot", "What else should we grief next" and "We hope you live on the streets". These words stigmatise the homeless and cigarretes.
    I do not want to name names, but their names are already included in the pictures.

P.S: Sorry if i post this in the wrong section and If it is please move it and BAN these two creatures we call humans.

Attached Files:

Invisibility likes this.
  2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

If this happened on any other server, I'd advise you to take video evidence (people only get flagged/banned when there is video evidence) and to call a guard on IRC when you need immediate help. However, no global moderation is applied to griefing in roleplay servers, since it's hard to tell what constitutes griefing there.
    Your best shot is to PM bergice (the server owner) the evidence you have so he might take an action based on it.

3. zampoan

zampoan Catapult Fodder

Cool thanks for the info. btw how do you take videos on the computer anyways?

4. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

You need a screen recording program like FRAPS, since kag doesn't have a built in video recorder.

5. Use camstudio it's simply and fast and free

6. boldtemplebot

boldtemplebot Catapult Fodder

Send me the proof and all the other information and screen shots to me and we will attempt to ban the people(greifer).

Thanks

7. Waky

Waky Haxor

And full of fucking adware...WHY WOULD AN OPENSOURCE PROGRAM BE FULL OF ADWARE D:

Adware in opensource scares me therefor I would suggest Krut.

Just to clarify, Camstudio tricks you into installing toolbars. It isnt a virus or anything like that.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Guitarman likes this.
  8. Rider339

Rider339 Bison Rider

I use an old version of fraps for my vids.

As said above, you need video evidence for things to be done about it.

Then you can submit it here remember to follow the guidelines. Also remember to have not only proof of the name of the player in the video but also what he's username is as the person might be impersonating another player. Simple way to get the username is by showing the score board in the vid.

9. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

I think if someone griefs on purpose and is cough he should get a 1 day ban, if he is cough again they another 1 day ban and if again permanent ban on that server.