1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B836 - Performance improvements & Movement polish

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Working hard on the beta yeah! (playing a bit too! :). We gotta take a break for the weekend though after this patch. After that we’re back to code more fixes and probably CTF.
    We optimized the code a lot. 32 player servers should be smooth now, if not we’ll work on it more.
    Movement is polished a bit: more drag, less sliding on edges, more like classic. Still not finished tweaking it though.
    [modified] increase bomb tech time and decreased pyro tech time
    [modified] boats now have specific icons in minimap
    [fixed] boat sprite goes skew when turning around and probably more related bugs
    [fixed] fall damage and sounds
    [fixed] stomping
    [fixed] other issues because of getVelocity() fix in scripts
    [added] keg explodes on impact when lit and launched from cata
    [modified] lowered warmup mats a bit
    [fixed] other builders not auto-picking dropped builder mats
    [removed] trading mats for gold in TTH
    [modified] boats dont collide with mats
    [modified] faster decaying
    LOTS of optimizations in scripts, physics and network code performance.

Original DevBlog post.

2. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

trading mats for gold in TTH ???
    :eek:
    Re... Re... Remoo... removed ;-;

NinjaCell likes this.
  3. ok the devs fucked up big time

help I cannot run the game:
    if that's happening, the game's probably currently crashing on update, to avoid it:
    don't run kag
    run nolauncher.bat that is included in whereveryouputthegame/KAG-Beta/

you gotta do it that way until this gets fixed

hotCODEhot, Madoka, JacKD and 5 others like this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

If the launcher is crashing for you, you can also use KAGGY launcher.

I hope for next update knight will get some tweaks because combat is unbearable, not only you have over 50% slowdown during slash charging which in combination with getting stuck on 1x1 blocks makes you totally useless, there is also delay between shielding and slashing, once you slash you cannot shield fast enough, another delay happens when charging slash, what I enjoyed in alpha was the fact you could jump over knights to jab them in the back, if you do this here and point your shield down it won't help as you are left vulnerable. This is literally few integers in script files that need tweaking, look into it please.

Ne3zy, magnum357, Neat and 1 other person like this.
  5. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

thnx :3
    I luv backpacks :3 THEM are back ;-; :D

NinjaCell likes this.
  6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Wow you just managed to make combat a fagfest =_=

Also, constantly getting stuck on corners.

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I cant change resolution D:
    I wanna change it!!! ;w;

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I have a feeling there are a lot of undocumented changed. Like a few updates ago I noticed that War Boats had begun to become really difficult to get into whereas before you could hop in consistently.

Digger101 likes this.
  9. BrenSage

BrenSage Builder Stabber

You can change the resolution through the launcher, on the setup button. That was before the launcher was buggy :(
    Hope I helped at least a little bit...

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Just found out where you can set up resolution, its called startup_config :D

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Please make the halls on MM's testing grounds higher or get rid of the water completely. As soon as some idiot floods the map, it becomes unplayable because the halls become flooded. It's an absolute mess.

12. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

I believe the easy fix can be make the water physics more realistic, making it count the liquids and drain some X place making the water to settle down, instead of create one huge tsunami from a small water spot, O_o

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I find it funny because apparently coding water to be finite is more hardware heavy...how is it that Terraria does not get any impact then?

14. thats not easy at all, thats complicating the physics system and making it more resource intensive while you can simply change the goddamn map

e: got ninja'd
    @down: i meant modifying the existing map, sorry i was so smart enough to consider it obvious

15. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Please change the map for us then if you are so smart about it, once few votes come up people are assholes and F11 every vote, nobody listens.

16. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Just make a bedrock around water) Huge tsuanmi is actually a pretty fun thing i guess ;)

17. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yea... if only other people knew how to press F12 when asked too... but hey, you're guard. Fix it for us instead of being a jackass and tell us the most obvious, yet most unhelpful advise in the world. :3

18. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

It is fun, but it is also annoying, more complex physics are more heavy to the server side indeed, but you must balance fun vs gameplay problems in each case, that in this case is: Make the servers get without any wood easy, the same for stone as it is much challenging to mine underwater, and it floods bases madly what even with sponges is a pain to fix. But it is Unbalancing if a base is lower and there is water up there they can break, the other team likely wins the match if they make use of that to flood the other base!

So why not some "Super Sponges" to drain larger amounts of water after it is flooded? :)

19. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I wouldn't abuse my guard powers just because the map has gone to piss. If a vote is ran and it fails you have to take it as democracy and not "they're all retarded".

20. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Well there is a scroll for that, "Scroll of Drought" although harder to get than your regular sponges, you still need to plug all the holes before using it which is hard during siege as you know.

I was laughing how players don't value their life in game in terms of just running in killing as much as they can before they die, it's quite annoying and most of the time we all end up staring at respawn screen, being killed like this several times in the row is at lack of words, the survivability in this game is insanely low, no second chance if you slip up during combat. I'd be fun to be rewarded for being alive and being an asset to the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.