1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Assists

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Overh3at, Oct 17, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Overh3at

Overh3at Catapult Fodder

It always pisses me off when i hit somebody as an archer, then somebody else from my team kills that guy and i don't get anything for that.
    Maybe if I didn't damage that guy then it would be my teammate who dies? And what I get for helping? Nothing.
    Thats why i suggest that you should add assists into the game.

platy1knight, Snake19, hierbo and 4 others like this.
  2. Assists have been described by Geti as too much hassle to add. I guess that means no.

3. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

It sounds like Archer will get a slightly larger number of coins for hitting enemies and catapults, so though you don't get an added kill to your scoreboard, you will soon be getting more money for your troubles! So that should be helpful when that update comes out!

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I suggested this in another thread, but I think KD should be replaced with Damage Done to Damage Taken.

Measure how much DAMAGE a person has done to enemies, in hearts, instead of the ever-unreliable KD.

EhRa, hierbo, J-man2003 and 2 others like this.
  5. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

Gold aside, archers and offensive builders never get much to show for their work score-wise; scores tend to just be an indicator of who's the best knight. Having some sort of scoring for damage dealt rather than just kills could solve this. As is, I can dish out a lot of damage as archer and have little to no score to show for it. Gaining points for blocks destroyed could be great for all classes as well.

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

There seems to be a misconception in the general community that the archer class is inferior to the knight class because the knight class gets more kills than the archer class overall. I believe this is due in part to the archer role not being explicitly a support role, and I think an assist feature on the scoreboard would help curb that misconception (knights might lead in kills, but archers would without a doubt dominate in assists). If their role could be quantified maybe then you'd see less archer mavericks trying to kill farm. Hell, I like to play support as the knight, and block/stun for my team to get the kill; I can't imagine it's all that ball breaking to write some code that says "well you just stunned this guy, then your buddy dealt the killing blow, here's an assist. You just shot this guy with a water arrow and your buddy dealt the killing blow, here's an assist", throw some kinda cool down timer on it so that if you hit a guy once, and ten minutes later he's killed, you won't get an assist.

Just some food for thought ::P:

J-man2003 likes this.
  7. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Every player object would need to store the additional information about who dealt damage and how much. When the player gets a heal, this list has to be modified (stack pop?). When the player dies, it's added to the score calculation. To me it doesn't sound like a very troublesome thing to implement.

J-man2003 and swagbot like this.
  8. I wonder why you aren't a game developer yet!

Vermilicious likes this.
  9. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

This could be done in a mod quite easily i guess. i'll talk about that with the other guys of labz

swagbot likes this.
  10. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

well it is pretty annoying to have slashed someone and somebody that hasn't even played an our jabs him and thinks hes AMAZING

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

couldn't you just have a... oh, so each player would have to list the players who hurt them and how much damage that player dealt, I don't see this as something too complicated, it's about as complicated as the player inventory, except... global.

12. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

And if the player healed by time?

13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Hum.... Why not ? ::):
    that sound good

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  14. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

MM would die trying