1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ARENA: Fundraiser Invitational

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Ej, Dec 22, 2013.

1. I'm glad to announce to you The Fundraiser Invitational, a CTF tournament that is going to feature 4 teams play a revised CTF format.

About the format:

The tournament format is very simple:
    Single elimination bracket, bo5 in the semis and a bo7 in the finals. No 3rd place match. The winner takes entire prize money.

The gamemode is going to be an experiment, trying to tweak the CTF mode and make it more aggressive, more demanding, allowing wider spectrum of approaches and more entertaining to watch.
    To give you some examples on the changes we want to make:
    -no build time
    -asymmetrical maps
    -different shops prices and tech trees

About the teams:

As you might have figured out, it's an invitational tournament. It means that instead of letting anyone sign up, we're giving out 4 invites. The first 3 go to:

======================================================================
    mole.png
    MOLE - an old clan, formed during the golden days of alpha. They were also the ones to win the first KAG CTF tournaments, claiming the 1st place in KAGoween tournament, in October 2012.
    Later on they were invited to participate in the Arthurian League, which they eventually dropped out from. Having gone through some roster changes, their new team is going to tell us if they can repeat their success from the first alpha invitational in the first beta one.
    xcube.png
    xCUBE - boasting one of the weirdest names of all clans in KAG, xCUBE is still a force to be reckoned with. Being formed by myself, the clan was meant to be competitive and it was.
    Having a rough start after losing 2 clan wars and then our first game in ArL, xCUBE didn't give up and continued to perform better and better, eventually finishing 3rd in ArL. Now we're fully committed to playing the beta.
    Despite having a monstrous roster, the clan is entering the tournament a bit weaker, as I, as the organizer of the entire thing, won't play for them.
    shark.png
    SHARK - Even though the clan is fairly new, The Invitational being their first opportunity to prove themselves in a competitive environment, they are by no means new players.
    SHARK, lead by Acrave, the man with a shark head himself, is a mixture of KAG veterans who started to play in early alpha and relatively new people, whose involvement started together with the public release of the beta version.

The 4th invite is still possible to get : all you have to do is send me a PM that contains:
    -the name and the roster of your clan (at least 5 people)
    -your geographic location (the tournament will be held on a US server)
    -your availability throughout the week (games are not to be rescheduled, we play at fixed times and if you don't show up - you lose)
    -the reason why I should choose you over other candidates

in case 2 or more teams are good enough of candidates, they will play bo3 between each other to determine who gets into the tournament

About the coverage:
    All games are going to be livestreamed weekly. Once a week my stream will go up to provide full coverage of the games with commentary, analysis and possible guests. All recordings will be saved so if you can't watch them live, you will be able to do it later.
    We also plan on doing some other content, like pre-game shows, interviews and, of course, livestreamed pair drawings. Those things aren't for sure though. Streaming the games is.

About the prize:

I think that's the most interesting part. The rule of thumb is: the winner takes it all. There's no 3rd place match, no leftovers for the runner-up either. You either win or you don't get anything but mere satisfaction. Simple like that.
    The interest part:
    the community is going to fund the prize itself.
    Aside of giving some money on my own, I count on your support. Based on how you enjoy the games, the organization or how much you want to support e-sports worldwide, you will be able to pledge something to the prize pool.
    The paypal address that we will use is: Kouji112358@gmail.com (it is the one of our forum administrator since he's a person everyone should trust)
    if you want to give something from yourself to the tournament's prize pool, just send some money there and title the transfer "ARENA prizepool"

more info to come!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Scrub, MadDog, Lee_Shioon and 18 others like this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

my body is ready as usual

Mulpy, Noburu and Monsteri like this.
  3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

10/10 Would watch the streams.

Noburu, franek123 and Monsteri like this.
  4. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

My body is confused

Noburu, FuzzyBlueBaron and Monsteri like this.
  5. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

FUCK YES, my body has been ready for years, even tho this hasnt been around for years xD

Noburu and Monsteri like this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

100% more real?

7. 200%

8. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

100% more hearable?

Noburu, Monsteri and BlueLuigi like this.
  9. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

my body is ready

[​IMG]

10. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

My body is hoping that it is at a playable time, not 2AM.

Noburu likes this.
  11. well you need a clan to play so...

Piano, Vampire, Noburu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

oh my god excalibur :D

13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

hes in xcube

norill, Noburu and Monsteri like this.
  14. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Does HA count?

Piano, Birdman159, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  15. updated the op

YEP

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Beautiful, do you know roughly when you want to start it? I look forward to watching weekly.

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

How many people do we need to enter?

18. a team of 5 is enough

Noburu, Monsteri, Fate and 1 other person like this.
  19. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

trying to gather a team together, il have one ready by tommorow and then youl get a pm for sure.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2013 ---
    maybe tonight tho now that i think about it, i sure hope to be in this tournament.

Noburu, Monsteri and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I liked every post in this thread, so yes i'm ready

Piano, Noburu, Fate and 1 other person like this.