1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer health buff and Builder health nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by J-man2003, Nov 27, 2014.

?

Do you think this should be added?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

94.0%
  3. Only archer buff

4.0%
  4. Only builder nerf

2.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I find it ridiculous that a combative class has less health than a support class. Currently archers are easily killed if they even come close to harmful things, including builders if they aren't full health, and builders shouldn't be in combat in the first place, not to mention they can insta-kill with boulders and falling spikes if done carefully.

So to fix this? obviously, give archers 3 hearts, this will make them able to survive one slash, the shotgun bow, (usually only 2 arrows hit from range.) and reasonably more, also making food a good item for them to use.

As for builder, nerf it's health down to 2 hearts, since they shouldn't be in combat in the first place, and if they are being an offensive builder, they'll need more protection, also this fixes how OP entombing can be, since they then can die in 1 slash, which makes sense for a supportive class than can be a game-changer.

EDIT: Fixed grammar, deal with the run-on sentences

2. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

No, archers are fragile for a reason, think glass cannon. Sometimes it can seem like you die easy as an archer and that should be the case. Not to be rude when i say this, get better. Having more skill will really open your eyes to the balance that is present with knights and archers( somethings still need to be fixed but another thread). As for builder with 2 hearts, IHMO that is stupid. They already can get one-shoted by archers now you want them to die to one slash? Builders are the ones that need a break not a nerf.

(like one heart of damage per axe pick)

SharkT likes this.
  3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

good points, but when it comes down to it, don't you think it's silly a supportive class that shouldn't even be in combat in the first place has more health than a class that is suppose to fight and take damage. I play builder often and I find that the amount of health it has is OP, and that archer's agility is no match for traps or one silly mistake that leads it to a slash or bomb, I play knight mostly and find it perhaps too easy to kill most archers if they aren't pros.

'_' please don't think I'm being offensive, just had to voice my points.

Also your right, I'm not that good of archer, but as a good knight I can pwn archers easily unless they're camping or really good.

4. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Try being a front line builder and tell me if you still think 3 hearts is to many. So what you want is for it to be harder to kill archers? If you can now "pwn" archers but not good ones, how hard do you think the good ones will be to kill. Then imagine the bad ones actually getting better, then archer OP.

SharkT likes this.
  5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

this would balance it out in my opinion, and builders should die in one slash, because like I said, entombers can be game changers, therefore, they should be fragile, and too many archers die easily, that's what I meant when I said I pwn them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 27, 2014 ---
    and knights are already like super-OP

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I can only imagine. I think archers should be able to deal more damage in close combat, as I've already suggest: make shotgun's range shorter/make all of the arrows disappear at same time. This would make camping less... attractive.

Maybe shotgun should deal more damage, I don't know! 25252525

7. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Archers are far from a glass canon.

Making builders even weaker is def a bad idea though, I agree there.

8. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

No guys, just... no, stop this already once and for all! Archer is a ranged class, I barely die with it and yet I take down towers and get lots of kills. Don't play the knight. 3 heart would be ridiculous.
    Builder can and is supposed to fight, how else could he build up defenses and defend himself while being a key class?
    No buff, no nerf, nothing! Leave Balance alone!

9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

don't play knight... what? I don't get what point you're trying to make, and builder isn't supposed to fight, they build defenses, even on the frontlines, they don't try to kill with their pickaxes.

10. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

cant read

fail troll

11. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Archers only have 2 health because they're a ranged class and are really fast with the grappling hook. If you can grapple away at greater speeds than your enemy and shoot from the protection of your hidey hole you have a great advantage over them. And to add that with the extra help of special arrows archers can destroy a tower and disable a knight easily.

Also builders have 3 hearts because of their thick abs i mean cmon look at these muscles.
    [​IMG]
    He could beat up obama. hands down.

Stevedog, Blue_Tiger, neil58 and 3 others like this.
  12. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I always play as archer, but i disagree, knights arent OP, and archer arent weak, why the archer has so low health? because they are meant to dodge, not to resist...

Dargona1018 likes this.
  13. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Great argument on builders #ROFLErryDey

14. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Yea lets just go and make a op class more op and make the builder almost useless upfront.....

15. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Well im starting to disagree with myself, although builders are to hard to kill once you get close if they escape fast enough.

16. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

This right here.

That is my whole argument.
    The reason why archers have grapples are to get away.
    They are Glass Cannons when all up in people's faces (as I know, seeing as I am super'leet*1337 archer), as they can do a lot of damage using skills.

But, J-Man, going to correct you on one thing here, and that is your use of terms;
    You calling Builders Support is ridiculous. They are the backbone, the spine, not the chair behind your back.
    Archers are Support in every sense of the word. They whittle down Knight's health, they shoot water arrows at builders so they can't repair, they set fire to entire towns, and they dodge attacks, sneak into the enemy base, turn to builder and break their base from the inside out, or use an open Knight shop for a keg and steal the flag.

17. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Of course builders are the spine of a team! I'm not stupid! But support is more or less another word for anti-combat. They are supporting the team IMO, just on a large scale.

18. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

MAYBE AND JUST MAYBE, with support,they meant "support in combat"?

19. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

naw builder's support everywhere IMO

20. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

with my quote i meant, that you said they are "anti-combat" while they are in the middle of the combat more than you think...

SharkT likes this.
Mods: Rainbows