1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Application Won't Update

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Feste365, May 15, 2012.

1. Feste365

Feste365 Builder Stabber

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on why my version of KAG is not downloading the most recent update? I had downloaded the most recent update to the copy I had on my computer, but after updating, the application would not open. I re-downloaded a copy of the program thinking to start fresh, seeing as this had solved the problem in the past, but after downloading, the new application would not update. It is stuck on Build: 345 Version 0.95A, and won't download the recent update. Is there a cache I could empty, or a directory I could delete to let me start from scratch?

2. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

Same here, after updating the application crashed each time after opening, so I downloaded it from scratch. It says build 345.
    OSX 10.5.8 btw.

3. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Try now, there was an issue with the autoupdate system stemming from the fact that this is the first release we published using a new automated tool

4. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

It updated but then crashed, and crashes upon launching again. I tried re-downloading but the same thing happens.

5. FliesLikeABrick

can you provide some more detail about the type of crash you're seeing?

6. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

It closes and the standard "the application quit unexpectedly" dialogue comes up.
    The details of the report are:
    Process: KAG [2689]
    Path: /Applications/KAG.app/Contents/MacOS/KAG
    Identifier: KAG
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [92]

Interval Since Last Report: 35986590 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 243
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 10

Date/Time: 2012-05-15 14:11:46.055 +0100
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
    Report Version: 6
    Anonymous UUID: 8EC68946-B1A9-43E8-AC15-46D43441F27A

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    unknown required load command 0x80000022

Don't know if that's helpful. I'm guessing that this guy, and the OP of this thread, also will have this problem as their description is what happened to me when I first updated.

7. FliesLikeABrick

http://devlog.kag2d.com/post/23099793811/autoupdate-issue-resolved

hexaslug, I'm not sure about yours - I'll think about it and maybe someone else has a solution. Does that happen as soon as you open KAG, or only after you click "Play KAG" ?

8. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

It's the same thing by the looks of it ("after updating, the application would not open"). The issue of it not updating is resolved but the same crash that initially happened to me, the guy in the other thread and possibly the OP of this thread is still happening in the same way it did before (though maybe theirs somehow fixed itself, I don't know).

It occurs the first time before the initial update is completed, and after that it doesn't open at all before crashing.

9. Luce

Luce Catapult Fodder

the same problem here!

edit: when i open the game with terminal, i get this:
    "Last login: Tue May 15 12:25:48 on console
    /Applications/KAG.app/Contents/MacOS/KAG ; exit;
    Macintosh-4:~ xxxxx$ /Applications/KAG.app/Contents/MacOS/KAG ; exit;
    dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
    Trace/BPT trap
    logout"

10. FliesLikeABrick

Are you all on OS X 10.5.x (Leopard)?

11. Luce

Luce Catapult Fodder

i'm using OS X 10.5.8

12. FliesLikeABrick

The Mac version that was pushed out yesterday for 393 requires Snow Leopard or newer, BUT I am working on generating a version that should work with Leopard and newer.

Please pay attention to this thread, I will post updates here of when the new build is out. You will need to remove your current KAG install and re-download from the site (and at that time it will update to the new correct one). It is not ready yet, I am hoping to have it ready in the next hour or two but it may take longer.

Luce likes this.
  13. Feste365

Feste365 Builder Stabber

Thanks Flies, I appreciate that you are working on a fix for us old fogies still using Leopard, it would have been really unfortunate for such a great game to evolve past the older operating systems. Hopefully you are able to get a fix up and running. For future reference I am also using OS X 10.5.8.

14. FliesLikeABrick

Hi guys,

A new version is being pushed out to mac users now that might help with this. Please do the following:
    1. Drag your current KAG installation from Applications/ to the trash (or right click/move to trash, etc)
    2. Download KAG again from http://dl.kag2d.com/kag_mac.zip
    3. Unzip and drag the KAG app to Applicatoins
    4. Try running KAG. It should update to build 394 and work properly if this fix works
    5. *most important* post back here and say whether it worked or not. I need you to post back here, even if it works perfectly just so I can sleep better tonight :)

edit: ok that build is posted now. Only mac users will see an update

15. Feste365

Feste365 Builder Stabber

That's fantastic! Everything seems to be up and running smoothly with no hiccups. Very much appreciated!

16. Luce

Luce Catapult Fodder

it works perfect, thank you very much