1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Alt tabbing / Window focus glitch

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Boromir, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Boromir

Boromir Builder Stabber

whenever i hit alt tab or start to get out of kag for a minute, when i go back the game camera is shifted in the sky and i cant see 3/4 of the game. is this just me? has this been brought up before?

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

If this happens in OSX I think it's a known issue. The minute KAG window loses focus, is the minute you also have to restart KAG :>:(:

3. Boromir

Boromir Builder Stabber

ah okay thanks

4. Serolfic

Serolfic Shopkeep Stealer

I have a similar problem in fullscreen where tabbing back in shifts everything down by a third of the screen (in Windows 7)

inactive_account and Boromir like this.
  5. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

On Mac, here's what you can do to avoid this -

Instead of clicking back in the game window when you're ready to go back, hit command+tab again. For some reason this reinitializes the game input correctly but clicking in the game window doesn't (notice how when you click back in the window, the game doesn't really properly gain focus again)

trelawney likes this.
  6. trelawney

Thanks for the workaround flab, stickied. Lets hope it won't stay this way for too long and the devs are working on a fix.

7. Boromir

Boromir Builder Stabber

thats exactly my problem maybe i should have explained it better

why is this prefixed under mac? did i do that?

8. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I think after my reply he wanted to sticky this for mac users to work around this problem. Does alt-tabbing back into the game work for you (if you alt-tab back to the game instead of click into the game)?

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We'll be looking into exactly why this happens in the few weeks of general bugfixing to follow zombies.

10. Boromir

Boromir Builder Stabber

no it just does the same thing and btw sorry if i wasn't specific, i run kag on windows 7. and thanks alot im glad this problem is being noticed you guys are great.

11. Khombhat

Khombhat Shopkeep Stealer

Good, glad I searched here before posting a new thread.

I have a consistent issue where Alt+Tab or anything that brings me back to desktop such as ending a Skype call or something of that nature simply produces a black screen wherein I can either Alt+Tab again and, sometimes return to the game screen, click my left mouse-button to return to the game screen, or (more commonly) I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Start Task Manager to get passed the black screen of purgatory. I run into this pretty much every time and just ran into when ending a Skype call to a buddy of mine and thought I'd drop in and put in my two cents.

Cheers!

Edit: I am not, however, a Mac or OSX user. I use Windows 7 64bit.

12. trelawney

A clarification is in order. I decided to tag this with the Mac prefix cause it's 100% consistent in that OS, and for quite a few builds now. Other users (and yours truly) can alt+tab just fine in windows 7 64bit and Linux.

13. knightl

knightl Base Burner

I seem to have problems alt+tab 'ng in windows 7 64b

14. TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy Catapult Fodder

My problem with the infamous Alt+Tab in KAG on Mac is that whenever i tab back (Either by clicking it or command+tabbing) into the game the only way to move the cursor is to hold down the RMB... No clue why.