1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[998] Demolition Shop Placement

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

I'm sure everyone has seen this happen: You've just spawned, you go upstairs in your hall to grab some bombs or whatnot, and all of a sudden, BOOM, your base is blown halfway to heaven, and you're dead. Now, I'm sure many of you know that this is related to demolition shops, but I don't think the reason is exactly well known. That mysterious KABOOM, is the result of mines exploding. "But mines only explode if an enemy steps on them" you may say. Not so. A mine can explode for all these reasons too:

It gets caught in a door,
    Mines_plus_doors_equals_boom.gif
    It falls after being armed,
    Fragile, Do not drop.gif
    It gets shot by an enemy arrow (Couldn't get a decent screenshot so have a cat in a box)
    [​IMG]
    An enemy corpse lands on it.
    ExplosiveBodySlam.gif

So, kiddies, when you build yourselves a demolition shop, make sure you don't build it where any of the above could happen to your mines.

P.S. Feed the cat.
    P.P.S. Thanks Trumbles for your corpses! ::P:
    P.P.P.S. I didnt make the gif of maru the cat, just googled it up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

This might belong in Builder section rather than building critiques, sorry. :QQ:

3. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

Oh, Sneeky... :3

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, Demolition shops are a real special case. Might have to build them behind the main base instead of on top. More resources spent on building. >.>