1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[984] Auto Targeting when mining

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by oblex, Jan 8, 2014.

1. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

What has happened so many times when mining near structures is that when you're digging, cutting wood or mining ores after the block is destroyed you tend to hit any workshop or block near you, e.g. when i was digging underground there was a knight's shop near me and when i dug the dirt to create extra room i held my mouse and when the dirt was destroyed, instead of continuing to dig where my mouse was pointing it started destroying the shop behind me, why can't my builder just dig where my mouse is clearly pointing?:>:(:

2. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I agree totally. "Auto-aimiming" needs to be removed.

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

+1, I agree too, but i think it should be in suggestions :3

4. jokeman8454

jokeman8454 Haxor

+1 I know what you mean.

5. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Donator
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh God yeah, this definetely needs to be fixed. It's annoying as hell xD

6. DooMAD

DooMAD Shipwright

I've had to replace more than a few shops because of this. I can understand why a shop might be a high priority target for a Knight, but it shouldn't be prioritised above resources for Builders.

7. Merudo

Merudo Builder Stabber

At the very least you shouldn't auto target your own team's structures...

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This seems like a better option. Auto targeting is fucking great if you're in the enemy's base, sucks when you are in your own.

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

So yeah, there's auto-targeting, But what about, auto-PILOT!?

Hit the button to engage auto-pilot, and watch as your builder travels from block to block, digging at everything he can get his grubby little pickaxe into.

Who KNOWS where your builder would get to:eek:... Maybe he'd dig to china!:down:

:smug:

ZeroZ30o likes this.
  10. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Yeah, and then we could just let knights have autopilot, and archers, because seriously, who has time to play games these days? :huh?:

11. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

It reminds me of those days when we were playingUltima Online, we used to record/code macros to do automatic resource gathering while we were not in front of the PC. What a game that UO was :D

I totally agree with removal of the autoaiming thing though. Auto pick-up priority is useful, but I can't seem to find an advantage of auto-aim for mining.

12. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I'd say put this in the suggestions thread, it's a real problem. Doors and shops suffer the most, but ladders get it bad too. As all these things are team coloured, it shouldn't be too hard to at least take THEM out of auto target.