1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[548] archer tower/spots guide (post your ideas)

Discussion in 'Builder' started by FG, Oct 29, 2012.

1. FG

FG Fran Donator

Please post archerspot / tower ideas that could help new players to the game.
    //edit: Can a moderator change the title of the thread to : [548] Archer spots (post your ideas) - decided not o do a guide.

example of a safe archer spot.png
    - more protection than this one.:right: archer tower 1.png
    - Knights can't bombjump inside.
    - I find these towers are best at the base of a tower. (depends what kind of tower you are building.)
    - Archers can shoot at builders/knights at the base of the tower.

2. Ravenplucker

Ravenplucker Builder Stabber

3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

[​IMG]

Fixed for you.

FG likes this.
  4. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

The spot is not as important as the number of spots. The secret to a good archer tower is lots of places to shoot from. This prevents enemy archers from getting a fix on your position.
    screen-12-11-10-13-00-37.png
    Here's a simple tower that can dominate a battlefield. That stair-stepped pattern of door-wall-door is cheap and highly effective. Archers are most powerful when firing at or below horizontal. This forces enemy archers to fire from below, or lob shots (another roof can be added to intercept lob shots). The top part of the tower can continue in the pattern until it hits the support limit. This is a good counter-tower also. Just start going vertical when you hit the support limit. Eventually knights will be able to parachute into the enemy structure.

FG likes this.
  5. RikTelner

RikTelner Arsonist

Good idea. But why don't place trap bridge on top-stone? It will give extra "arch slot".

6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

The secret to archer spots are trapdoors. These hide the archers location so that archers can just peek out for a second and take the enemies unexpectedly. Also these hide when the bows are full charged to anyone else. To the allknowingfrog's tower. The doors make it so the archer must show their whole body to shoot. Not reccomended. Also doors provide an opening for bombs, which can easily destroy the overhang.

7. allknowingfrog

Trapdoors can be useful, but also add expense. Not always worth it.

I'm not sure I understand your criticism of my tower. The archer shows the bottom half of his body instead of the top in my design, and as I explained, he has the advantage against enemies firing from below. Also, it's very difficult to throw a bomb in there. You have to have openings somewhere, or the arrows can't get out.

8. Ravenplucker

Ravenplucker Builder Stabber

Oh, thanks. First time posting an image on the forum, I thought it fucked up.

9. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I mean the doors above the main entry. Some noob archer will definately try to shoot from there. Also it isnt very hard for an experienced player to get a bomb in there. Glide throwing could get it easily in there.

10. allknowingfrog

Fair point. Here's a better implementation of the same idea:
    screen-12-11-11-21-07-16.png
    Double doors provide cover from the side for shooting downward (could also function as drop-traps). Smaller exit reduces bomb vulnerability. Roof provides much more protection against jumpers and arrows, but allows access for brave souls who like to fire out in the open. Door on backside to prevent knights from floating in from roof (could be stone for added security but less convenience).

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 and killatron46 like this.
  11. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Those are fun if you want to provide complete cover for your archers, but if you're looking for something a bit cheaper:

Stone steps are always a sure fire way to give your archers the upper hand.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the rest of the tower:
    [​IMG]
    You can add doors along them anytime you want as well, but that defeats the purpose of them which is being cheap.

Attached Files:

ParaLogia and allknowingfrog like this.
  12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Nice design. That modification is much more effective. Though I recommend putting double doors at the main entry at the right. Your design does mean that any builder with a cata or outpost wont make it through.

13. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

This looks effective as a defence. Definetly something I'd use in a clan war.

14. Faustbyte

Faustbyte Catapult Fodder

A good tower, but its a little thin in the bottom. If i was a knight attacking this tower, i would destroy the bottom door, shove a bomb inside it, and proceed to take it apart with the rest of my gibs. Id suggest a little stone pit in the bottom to prevent knight bombers, and to have them trapped for your archers.

cmblast likes this.