1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] Awesome's Towers

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by ImAwesome, Sep 25, 2012.

?

How good is this tower?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2012.
  1. Magnificent!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good, but needs work.

26.7%
  3. Bad.

40.0%
  4. Absolutely Bullshit

33.3%
  1. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

(note: this tower is positioned as if you were on the red team, if you are on blue, you must make it face the other direction)
    screen-12-09-25-10-38-12.png Black Circle- Pretty basic trap, similar to Acavado Spikes.Has fooled many knights, including myself.(did not design this trap myself, have simply seen it used in battle many times.)
    Green Circle- Exit, self explanatory
    Brown Circle- Archer part, spikes to stop bomb jumpers.This part is pretty self explanatory. (note:you only need the pillar underneath if you wish to have backwalls in the archer area, if you do not have the pillar, you will be unable to.)

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

That place can't really be used by archers, since they will just fall down by going in.
    It should be :castle_wall::door:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::door:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall:
    And not this:
    screen-12-09-25-10-38-12.png

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

absolutely bullshit.
    just needs some ladders

4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Ahh yes, need to fix that.

Where does it need ladders?

5. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

A advanced knight could just slash throw a bomb up into that archerlook out thing..
    Boom Boom.
    People standing.. screen-12-09-25-10-38-12[1].png
    Red circle: all dead if knight throws bomb up;Unless knight shields.

Light blue circle:1-2 bombs and destroyed.

Purple circle: 1-2 bombs and knights are through the building.

Black line: Bomb marking.

I would rather add a knee capper' instead of that avacado trap'.
    Hope this helped you.

6. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Yes, very vulnerable to bombs; it was originally supposed to be a quick, front line tower, however it kind of evolved into a build time tower..somehow.

7. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

• There was no build number, another warning.
    screen-12-09-25-16-58-17.png
    Black circle- Basic spike pit, self explanatory.
    Red Circle- Archers can shoot through the door, with trapbridges for them to hide.
    Purple Circe- Basic archer shooting spot, trap bridges are optional, however they adsorb bomb damage.
    White circle- Another exit, with spikes to damage archers that try to get up.

Constructive Criticism only please. :)

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

edit at the point where archers can drop down on the team bridge and shoot people on he wall

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not bad in general (I like that you've included a second exit and have factored in ninja archers), but the base of tower is too fragile--two well placed bombs and knights could easily get in.

Jim_Dale and ImAwesome like this.
  10. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Thanks for the feedback, Fuzzy-Kun!
    Yes, I agree; the base of the tower is too weak, however I am kind of expecting archers to hold them off. :)
    Also going to add a bomb pit in the spike trap.

11. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Nothing much to say except that the base is too thin, and oh dear god how do you play with your contrast up that high?

12. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Like I said to fuzzy; kind of expecting archers to hold of knights.

I play like that because I am magic.However I am going to turn it off because it is starting to cause my eyes to hurt.

13. GCake

GCake Shopkeep Stealer

Hello, I'm new to the forums. Correct me if I'm wrong but that design looks easily collapsible at the two archer doors. Also can the walls be expanded to maybe 2 or 3 thick? Or set even higher on some sort of platform? Apart from those I love the design. Then again correct me if I'm wrong.

14. BC

BC Bison Rider

I like your tower, its cheap on resources and plenty of archer spots. I have a few ideas on how to improve it.

Instead of using 2 doors for the archer hole, you can use 1 door to save resources:
    :castle_bg::door::castle_wall::blank::blank::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :door::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg::door:
    :castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall:

When someone destroys the door, enemies can squeeze through. You may want to add an additional stone to stop that:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::blank::blank::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::door::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg::door::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall:

You could add a way onto the roof so your teammates can fire a catapult from the top. This will also let your team climb onto the roof to kill roof enemies.

These are just my suggestions, take or leave them, cheers!

15. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Thanks for feedback, BC! :)
    Seems the merge messed stuff up...ah well.
    </br>--- merged: Sep 26, 2012 1:34 AM ---</br>
    screen-12-09-26-09-23-01.png
    Black Circle- This is the main part of the tower, parts above are just addons.
    Green Circle- Over hang, spikes to stop catapaulters/bombjumpers, any work shop can go in there.
    Blue Circle- Basic Boost Pad, self explanatory.
    Grey circle- Bomb chute to stop bombs.
    White circle- Stair case & boost pad combined, self explanatory.
    Red line- Seen builders using this, its to stop bombs from taking the entire back wall down in one shot.

Constructive Criticism only, once again. :)

Whoops, forgot to turn contrast off..:(

16. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

If the ladder is there underneath that door; 2-3 knights could pile up and get in from there,not bothering about that trap.
    Put the ladder inside instead of out -side the doors.
    Put a trap bridge there instead of the ladder.

It is looking better 'Imawesome' ;and yes use one door instead of 2:that will give you 30 more wood to use on stuff.
    Needs more backwalls!, more backwalls! 2 correctly placed bombs and quess what... Boom(team dies).

More criticism:) just like you asked.
    Your welcome.

17. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Use more backwall and stone blocks as reinforcement. As it is, it's a temptation for griefers.

18. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

BC uses this method as well; I am spreading out the backwalls so one bomb DOESN'T take it all down.

I've started doing that with other towers :)
    Meant to put a trapbridge there.

19. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I still don't get it.
    It's a skeleton, a bare-bones framework like that.
    If anything it's more brittle in that way because it would only take one bomb in the 8 surrounding tiles or the 1 center tile to take it down.
    I would recommend adding more backwall.

Edit:
    Also, I saw BC using this. He doesn't do it because it's "stronger", he uses it for overhanging buildings so as to provide quick support and construction without having to fill in every sky tile with castle backwall.

However, for a tower like this there's no excuse not to use more backwall. It's dreadfully brittle as it is.

20. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

SOMEONE IS USING MY SHADERS OH MY FUCKIN GOD!

Derp.

Hmm, nice tower prototype.
    This tower was nice, but make something to go on the top platform. Bomb jumpers love it when ladders doesn't exist for access to his little platform.