1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] Multiple Feature Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Gonf, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Hi. My name is Gonf.

Over the past month or so I've been wondering about how to show the features of KAG building in one simple thread. It came to me that a tower successfully applying said features would be very helpful for many of the new players out there. So, here is my creation:

KAG Tower.png

Pretty neat huh.

I'll begin with the base.

Archer.png

Two fantastic and useful features.

The box of team doors with ladders in the middle can not only be used for storage of items but also protection, support and a helpful add on to the "Archer Hole". If builders have found that the game has started and they need more resources, they need look no further than their chest of goodies. If knights are crashing through the doors and a certain someone may find their bladder leaking, they can run to this hole for safety.
    Courtesy of SirSammy.

The second feature of the base of my tower, labelled "Archer Hole", can be used for archers to shoot the enemies storming against the front of their tower. Sammies box, as I have deemed it, can help archers to quickly duck down from arrows hurtling through the gap and position themselves for a shot (ladders). This team bridge floor can also be very helpful if builders are tunnelling underneath - it gives added strength since the builders struggle to dig the team doors up. Backwalling this can also be useful, though I forgot to include that in my building.
    Thanks to Foxodi, though I don't entirely know where this idea came from.

Ow.png

Spikes. Don't you love them? Two of my favourite uses are seen here.

I stumbled across the top one in the beginning of my time playing KAG, and its stuck with me ever since. When an evil red triggers the trap bridge the spike flips and makes the roof just that little bit more scary for him. Unless of course he has Don'tstopjumpingever syndrome, as I see fairly often.

The lower spike is turned to face right when the trap bridge is triggered. If a knight comes running at our tower it might go a little like this:

"Hey, I'll just bang my head against this tower -- GOOD LORD! There is a spike there!" Knight slinks away. Second knight comes. "Hey, I'll just -" and so on.

Note: I found this on one of Killatron's towers. Whenever he has used it he has dug a two deep hole, but I find it just as good with just one block dug out. You can literally save seconds that way.

Jumpy.png

Handy little howdy doody.

Run up, stop at block, wonder "Why aren't I moving?" for a few seconds, then jump and find you are a super hero. Damn right. The theory is the same as sword vaulting as a knight. Saves time, effort and makes it look like you can build.
    That I found out myself. C:

Hang.png

And so we reach the top.

As you can see, there is another jumpy thing.

The "Archer Hangout" is another of Killatron's creations. I think he calls it the Tooth Puller or something, but he is an Admin so he can edit my posts to suit himself. Archers hang like I am. They shoot people. If you can extend the platform further than I it would help them to dodge incoming arrows, but I find this good enough.

The squeezy thingy on the end is particularly clever. Though most of us know about it, I just thought I'd put it in. Anyone can jump through it suddenly and surprise the enemies. It is also a great place to drop a lump of stone on someone's head. Helpful for those stubborn archers who like to stick with the old ways; they can shoot from here.
    I saw this used by Bunnyboy, but I'm not sure who he got it from.

Backwall.png

This limited backwall saves resources but does just as good of a job. If (somehow) the enemies have managed to bombard their way through your supposedly impenetrable tower, then it can still be held up from here, allowing you to make repairs. Plus its contemporary. Or, whats that other term . . . minimalist.
    Yet another of Killatron's magical offspring.

Thanks for reading through. I will update this post if any more features are suggested.

If you liked it, you damn well better say so. Click the blasted button. If you disliked it, you will have to post a comment saying so. Though, unlike the nice people, you will have to say why. So to all of those lazy people that disliked it but can't be bothered to state why, you may aswell like it anyway.

Thanks to Foxodi, Killatron, Bunnyboy, SirSammy, Cykalu, and CoD. Oh, and One, for being so stupid.

If you like to read up more, I recommend looking here, here, here and here. And pretty much any thread posted by Killatron is useful.

cameron, ImAwesome, SirSammy and 9 others like this.
  2. CoD

CoD Haxor

Very nice, glad I contributed.

short_round likes this.
  3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Very nice, the only thing thats wrong about the tower is the lack of backwall in the kneecapper.
    Or is that on purpose?

EDIT:

Also, perfect building height :D
    (you may want to note that in the description)

Gonf likes this.
  4. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Excuse my noobishness but . . . kneecapper?

And was it really the perfect height?! I didn't even realise. :D I'll edit my post to make it sound deliberate.

5. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

A kneecapper is the thing in the bottom of your tower for achers to shoot trough, you'll be shooting the knees of enemies (pun not intended) thus a kneecapper.

Some pro tactics right here.

6. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

The lack of backwall wasn't on purpose, but I'll use it in the future.

7. theres a problem with ladder overhangs, if you get hit by an arrow or bombed slightly, you're going to fall down.

Gonf likes this.
  8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Very good tower, Some noobs might be like ''I CANT GET UP'' or ''THESE SPIKES ARE KILLING ME'' :D but thats there problem

9. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

In fact, it's specially designed to not kill even the noobiest noobs. In my eyes that's a pretty big acheivement.

10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Congrats :gold:

Gonf likes this.