1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] Archer Tower (Human design)

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by evol_nomad, Jul 12, 2012.

?

Is this better then the previous one?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. evol_nomad

evol_nomad Bison Rider

This is my 2nd Archer Tower.
    It is the (and going to stay)biggest archer tower in the archer tower series.
    I have taken into consideration of most (if not all) the ideas and suggestion on my previous archer tower.
    screen-12-07-12-13-04-56.png screen-12-07-12-13-17-09.png
    What do you think.

Gofio and soulrealm like this.
  2. lots of places for bombs to lodge, make it more dark (more stone) so enemies cant see where your archers are

EDIT*:
    -human shape allows bombs to lodge *sadface*
    -most of the time, team doors+trap bridges can be replaced with stone + team doors for anti bomb and archery

EDIT2*:
    -make one or two straight vertical shooting paths from a higher point to the bottom to kill people unaware of the top
    like:
    :castle_wall::door::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge::castle_wall:
    except more higher (it could be something similiar to that) also human design is awesome, but it'd be better if you made a full offensive/defensive archery tower *thumbsup*

3. oh sorry then :(
    but can you upload a dark version as well :) so that way i can see the awesome hidey spots that we archers get to shoot from?

EDIT: ps i am editing my initial and this message too ^.^
    -the uncompleted workshops (that i recommended) can also be reliant on one block bases, that way it creates massive counter against people like: cykalu, kag625lw, alistasia, me and other good archers that i forgot :huh?:

A+ for effort!

4. oh okay sure thanks, you don't need to make it specifically for me though.

5. CoD

CoD Haxor

The spikes on the trap bridges wont work, they'll just float an do nothing.
    Apart from that I can't really say much else, definetely and improvment.
    Good work :)

short_round likes this.
  6. !!! I discovered another useless use for spikes like that. You know how when knights throw bombs they bombs fall through? As well as, if you're stand on the opposite side, the whole bridge doesn't just 'fall' AND it takes slightly longer for builders to build across!

or you can use this thing for the top part of your spike trap that might be a teeny bit useful:

:blank: :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:KNIGHT HERE
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:v
    :castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::bridge::spikes_bg::bridge::spikes_bg::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::spikes_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

the random nooby/pro knights stand there
    and the builder comes along: he cant just ladder over from the top he has to break the spikes and put stuff on it. Alternatively: you can put all bridges instead of spikes in between, allow dumb knights to prohibit the builder from laddering over it!

Smart huh? Idk, I just thought of it.

But please: point out the advantages/disadvantages :)

EDIT: Then again, it won't work on your tower because of the backwall :(

7. Also, nah not really...not for pro knights, those that can aim bombs, just half-bomb the bridges! But also matter of luck as archers spam arrows at him.

eg.:Exid + other knights in group shielding
    Exid bombs bridges and they all jump on it and go across... :(
    AND in the process of bombing it, it also damages the back wall...

Theory meng, just theory.

EDIT: Reply to above message ^:
    yeah that can also work, however might (or might not) be slightly better if you that right top corner like:
    :bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    just to ensure for safety reasons! :)

AND AND: you can put spikes under trap bridges!

8. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

First thing noticed is that its a huge-ass building, and it takes humongous amounts of materials.

AKA, you'll almost never see this built, because it takes alot of time to build, time that could have been otherwise spent by the builders making this to defend the front lines. (well, atleast not by me, because i'm a front-line builder.)

Resource intensity could be decreased by only building the archer holes on one side, as your tower will probs fall very soon or be taken over if enemies are on the other side, plus, if the tower is taken over, it takes a tad longer for it to be usefull to the enemy.

Not considering resource intensity:

Looks good, archers will be able to decrypt the use of the building with easy

But, as already said, its easy for bombs to get stuck on many places, and if they do, you cant go up to repair it easily.

Could benefit from a bit more ladders so the archers can manouver better.

Other then that, a nice tower, doesnt have many problems!

9. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

As I said in the other thread, if you put ladders at some of the archer spots, archers will have a easier time shooting out of them. You will need a tremendous amount of building materials to build this and once its finished the game will probebly be over. :rollseyes: Also, the general shape of this one is not as good as the last one because bombs can be thrown up onto that ledge, or a knight could bomb jump onto it and break the doors.

10. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Good to see you have added those ladders ;). You can't get to some of the archer spots without them. Overall, this tower is allot better then the last one but it still has a ledge where knight can throw bombs onto.