1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[360] Xlayer's Archer Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Xlayer, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

This is my first design. I'm not exactly sure if someone else has done this.
    xlayer's archer tower

Picture 1: Has no floors so you can see the quarters and arrow shop.
    [​IMG]

Picture 2: Has floors. This is what the tower should look like when built.
    [​IMG]
    If you don't have enough materials for floors just use ladders and hope for the best.
    Archers can go inside and easily shoot outwards. Other teammates can also walk up and down the walls.
    Depending on how the ceiling is built, archers can be hidden quite well inside this structure that looks like an ordinary door ladder filled with stone.
    Having all of those backwalls is important! It gives players more confidence that it wont fall in one catapult hit.
    The amount of stone it takes depends on how high you want to make it.
    It is recommended that you make the bottom of the wall 3 stones high to prevent knights from destroying doors with their sword.
    It's probably best to build this at the front of your castle before the match begins.

Miauw62 and cmblast like this.
  2. cmblast

cmblast Shopkeep Stealer

I like this, but it might be worth switching the ladders with trap bridges (1 block lower) to create a false bottom with spikes, in case the doors are breached, or maybe adding arrow shops/ quarters.
    edit: especially, if as you suggest, you build it near home base before the match.

3. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Some ideas:
    -Do it one more up and put a bed on the center. This is really usefull.
    -Put doors one more up too, this is more hard for knight to break doors.
    -Make something for archers at the right door to the top to defend the building of builders.

4. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Is this going to be added to the Complete Structure Compendium? ^.^''

cmblast likes this.
  5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I win. i pressed the archer bow :)

Nice Towers. :thumbs_up:

Xlayer likes this.
  6. L-III-III-7

L-III-III-7 Shopkeep Stealer

digging the tower bro may want to put trap doors infront of archer doors to keep arrows from coming in and hitting heal and arrow shop...

7. kag625lw

kag625lw Catapult Fodder

The trap bridges give the entire concealment thing away though.... especially since the zombies update where the lighting got 'improved'. However that tower is excellent for placing at the border of spike pits, particularily if the first few archer portholes are level to the spikes, to pick off any knights still surviving in there.

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Every time i encounter a hollow tower, i make it my aim to get a bomb inside of it, if i time my bomb well, and got it through the open door, your tower would go down.

9. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

oh u poopy face >_<

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

However, if it was filled with bridges like his picture shows the bridges would absorb the blast. ;)