1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[354] Flinging Corpses

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Wyeth, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

This is interesting for any class (since everyone can drop corpses) but only the knight can do what I am about to show you. This makes corpse throwing a tad mroe useful.
    I will show the videos and explain what is happening.

First off a basic "Corpse Throw":

This would be the basic "attack" you can do with a corpse. Anyone can do that. Just get a bit of momentum and throw in the right moment, you need to throw relatively high so the dropping corpse will gain enough velocity to damage. From what I have seen: max damage 1 heart.

Secondly what I call the "Corpse Dunk":

This one is a little more tricky than it looks. You jump in the air and hold DOWN, then you let go. This makes the corpse drop with way more velocity and will hurt even without the whole process of throwing it upwards etc. I seen this do 2 hearts of damage but generally it does one (if used as shown in this video). The whole thing with pressing down while throwing works generally.

And here comes the main thing and the reason I placed this in the Knight section, "Corpse Squash":

This can be done way better than shown in this video, and I might record a better video that shows it off better. This can easily do 2 hearts of damage or even instantly kill (usually if the corpse ricochets of things, or the target gets pushed into a wall).
    Throwing things will interrupt charging. To do this you need to charge up, jump in the air (no moving back required, it accounts for lag though you can do it from standing), release the slash, immediately let go of the corpse (press C). The slash hits the corpse and catapults it forward. This is pretty nice and can gain a lot of velocity and range. Just play around with it for a bit and you will see what I mean.

IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT CORPSES:
    - Corpses affect friend and foe the same way, don't go throwing corpses around willy-nilly you will hurt your feelings!
    - Corpses can't be thrown very far (except using the "Corpse Squash" described here).
    - Corpses can be held off by a shield, it will break the shield tho (similiar effect to being hit by a charged slash).
    - Corpses aren't invincible, hitting it a few times will break it. Doing "Corpse Squash" only works with the freshest corpses usually!

Well have fun and I hope this helps out. If anyone finds out new ways to fling corpses, post it here :D

2. Arthurox

Arthurox Bison Rider

Nice i usually use the 2cond, or the best one CATAPULT :P(OMG ROLFROLF)

3. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Have you tried combining "Corpse Dunk" and "Corpse Squash" to achieve greater momentum? I'd try for myself, but my throwing skills are lacking; I have trouble pulling off those two maneuvers on their own (it'd probably help if I tried it against Henry instead of playing online with my ping over 200).

4. Wyeth

I Indeed tried that but the momentum seems to be negatively affected by holding down. You can actually "launch" a corpse in an almost horizontal line with the squash (it looks great).

5. FG

FG Fran Donator

can archers hold corpses? they might be able to hide behind them.

6. Giratina_Origin

Giratina_Origin Catapult Fodder

LOL, meat shield.

7. Wyeth

If you start the game and look at the current build number (not current engine number) it reads 354.

Yes they could I think, if you duck (and become noclip).

8. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

yes, but you hold the corpse at your head level, and it stays in the air above you when you duck. But you look like a siamese twin while walking around with it :Р

9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I normally duck at the edge of a slope, so it looks like the other body is hanging off the block next to me. It works pretty well. (At least with pubs)