1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1215] KAG often crashes with the new update

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Asu, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 1215
    Description: KAG seems to crash way more than it did in the past, for some reason. I already crashed twice on non-modded servers.
    Steps to reproduce: N/A, random bug
    Screenshots/Videos: N/A, not really related, and logs are not relevant. There's no error.

Kazaco: No longer relevant.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
    kittycity, Anonymuse and RadioActive like this.
  2. when is it? when joining servers? during match? or random?

3. Asu

Both. I sometimes crash when joining, and, more rarely, during matches.

4. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

For me, it's when joining servers, primarily BD for some reason but it could be any server.

5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I crash often as well, it seems to happen right when joining any server.

Some observations:
    • It only happens when you've been on another server in the same game session (exit and join another server, this will often trigger the crash)
    • If the server is one you've been on recently, and it's the server you crash on, once you restart the game and join, your scores will be erased (usually the server remembers your kills and deaths for a while regardless of whether you quit the game in between rejoining). This suggests that there is something going on in the server that causes the crash.

norill likes this.
  6. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

could someone supply logs?

7. Asu

I watched the log, there's no error before the crash. I guess it's some C++ code sided bug.

8. NastyCamper

NastyCamper Builder Stabber

I'm having the same issue. It's almost always when switching from one server to another. It's also happening whenever I try to paste something into the chat. As soon as I hit ctrl+v the error report screen comes up and the game shuts down.

9. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

Exact same thing here

10. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I can confirm that this is a problem for the Mac client as well. I'm not sure what causes it however, it either happens when joining servers or completely randomly during a game. I don't spend a lot of time on the main menu, but I have never crashed from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.