1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer Spacebar Ability

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by watermelon200, Aug 30, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. watermelon200

watermelon200 Catapult Fodder

currently, knights can throw bombs, builders use it to rotate blocks, and archers use it for nothing. so i decided a good use would be to make grappling easier and more useful, by using it to relax the grappling hook, and here are some uses.

popping out of holes in the ceiling to shoot at people
    safely descending from towers
    and quick escapes by releasing a button

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    kaggit and J-man2003 like this.
  2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

i think this is a nice suggestion thanks watermelon200 (nice username too!)

i would prefer to add the feature of lighting a fresh cigarette when holding spacebar, that would be just so cool and Badass. Yes it would of course it would hard-coded and probably 2 weeks of brutal programming marathons, wife n kids crying in starvation waiting for the lordly epic dev to finish his damn chores and obligations within the community, maybe some particle effect would be awesome man anyways see you around bye

3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I just had an idea:

So I think archers should use space when standing next to a tree to chop it and get arrows each hit, and when the tree falls they can also get arrows from the log(s) (if it does fall, the spacebar ability for archers that i'm suggesting would probably do minor damage to trees)

Kububv likes this.
  4. PalladiumGirl

PalladiumGirl Catapult Fodder

i use space to eat hearts :T

Kububv, Blue_Tiger and J-man2003 like this.
  5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

This made me laugh, the oldfags will know why. ::D:

6. PalladiumGirl

i think that was the point of a joke

also anyone thinks it would be cool to have mod where u like steal gold from enemy team

Gofio likes this.
  7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I was being serious about the post... but yeah, your right...

8. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Make the archer explode in a keg size explosion when press spacebar.
    Now srsly, if you people have such a need to fulfill the space bar use for archer make it lock the grappling hook, so you would be able to free your hands and keep being on top of a tree, wall or roof, instead of being mashing the left mouse button all the time. It could also prevent those death falls from arrow/bomb stuns(or accidentaly stop clicking the left button) while grappling in high places.
    Just tossing a non so impossible idea... I dont really play archer alot, so I would like to know the opinion of the ones that do.

9. PalladiumGirl

there are plenty of buttons on a keyboard
    spacebar already have a use
    idc that you guys heal directly from inventory (or dont heal at all), choose other button ok

J-man2003 likes this.
  10. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

what if there was a mode where you kinda had a shared lifespan, and you need to make the enemy team run out first?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 4, 2015 ---
    So what? Knights and builders can use that button to heal as well, but they usually have bombs or blocks to place.
    It works fine for them, I don't see why it wouldn't work for archers.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Archers should suicide when they press spacebar. It would be really cool if they jump 10-12 block high and explode like a firework.
    Nobody likes them so everyone should be happy when it happens.

SirDangalang likes this.
  12. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I'm still riding on the idea that archers should gain arrows from chopping down trees via spacebar.

The grapple idea isn't bad

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I heal using c

-----

I still think that archer should have some kind of thing added to the space bar, maybe not the grapple canceliing but something, maybe asthetically like Psiklaw said.

It'll be classic all over again...

J-man2003 likes this.
  14. PalladiumGirl

yeah man, chopping trees and getting arrows is a great new feature that id love to see in KAG!:thumbs_up:

J-man2003 likes this.
  15. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Its already in classic.. .-.

J-man2003 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  16. PalladiumGirl

[​IMG]

norill, Dargona1018 and J-man2003 like this.
  17. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

18. PalladiumGirl

is this kag on ps4

19. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I never played classic but honestly even if it has been done before I'd like to at least see the devs experiment with the idea, It's a balanced idea IMO.

20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

You guys forgot about one thing:
    classic.gif
    Trees in classic do not collapse. It would be really weird in release version if archers could cut down trees without any tools (ie. axe, hammer, etc). So maybe only from the logs? Also cutting trees would require an additional animation which could be a problem, however...
    ArcherMale.png
    ... as you can see, there are some unused animations (third row, archer with a knife) and empty space so I believe it would not be that hard to add it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    J-man2003 and butterscotch like this.
Mods: Rainbows