1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly Log - Campaign Progress and New Intern!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey everyone, progress has been good this week so let’s get into it right away!

Trench Run News:

Trench Run had its first proper successful testing of the campaign mode. We had to shrink down the map size to improve match turnaround when there’s evenly matched teams, but that just means we’ll be able to make more maps, more quickly!

[​IMG]
    “[Nuclear Launch Detected]” “Head for the tunnels!”

A few unexpected quirks have been found, as well as many a bug. Many have been fixed but there is still quite a lot of work to do. A sort of meta-game has developed with some of the players as well with the engineer staying back with some supplies dropped by the medic and “air striking” the map continuously, with the other team having to stick to cover to avoid the rockets. We’ll definitely be looking into the explosion radius for the engineer rocket (having whole teams blown to bits ten seconds into a game might be a bit much), but it’s very fun to see this kind of strategic play so early in this mode’s testing!

We’re currently considering renaming the mode from “Campaign” to “Run” - the motivation is that campaign doesn’t say much about the objective of the mode, whereas run does, and is short, catchy, and 50% of a title-drop to boot. What do you think?

KAG News:

Verrazano, a programmer from the community will be joining the team of interns here at THD! He’s excited to work on common frustrations for modders so if you’ve noticed something inconsistent or annoying while modding the game, he’s the guy to talk to about looking into it! We’re glad to have him aboard, so congratulate Verra if you see him ingame!

Skinney continues work on the in-game map editor, which he’s dubbed “Cartographer”. This will be an invaluable tool for creative folk and admins alike, and is an important usability improvement over directly editing image files, especially when placing and arranging mechanisms!

Norill continues work on the port of the game menus to scripts which will allow them to be much more easily refined and re-arranged.

Build 1591 seems to have gone quite smoothly after a few initial hitches were dealt with. The new maps in particular have led to much shorter games of CTF when decisive plays are made, which helps prevent teams leaving through attrition and keeps the game flowing. Check out the forums for some ongoing discussion of trap block behaviour and the dreaded bomb nerf.

That’s all for this week, let us know what you think in the comments and of course, follow us on twitter, like us on facebook, and tell your friends!

Have fun!

Max

Original: http://www.thd.vg/post/128317502905/weekly-log-campaign-progress-and-new-intern

EhRa, Monkey_Feats, Asu and 10 others like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

After this post im hyped for TR. Seems awesome, great work THD!

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I thought that Verra is a ... eh ... she? I feel stupid now...
    on a serious note, Congratz Verra :D
    also great job everyone and good luck ^^

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Verra is a she. Didn't you see her legitimate photograph and hear her girly woman voice in mumble? They are quite realistic.

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Better custom tile support and non-buggy tile blobs (eg spikes, trap blocks)
    have fun verra

norill likes this.
  6. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

It's Verrazano, not Verrazana

Not really sure what I'm getting at :B):

7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Can't wait for the release, good work guys :^)

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

GG, @Verrazano. Grand news. ::)::thumbs_up:

Ah, man. Way to remind me I'm living in a country that thinks broadband is only for rich city-slickers. ::(:

9. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Your tears, They are salty like Vegemite :X3:

EhRa, FuzzyBlueBaron and Geti like this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For those awaiting the post for this week, I've got to gather my thoughts and my energy to write it, a lot has happened this week and a few decisions have been made very recently that still need some time to settle. Verra's first week has gone swimmingly though, so its not all ominous news :)

11. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Swimmingly, swimmingly! is that some kind of sick joke, I'm drowning halp!

12. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Uhoh's, They chucked her in the deep end. I'll raise the alarm.

..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. .... . .-.. .--. -·-·-- -·-·-- -·-·--

13. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

4656463.gif

Bint, Blue_Tiger, PUNK123 and 9 others like this.